Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jim Carter to Tom Clark
John Chancellor Biography (1927-)
Full name, John William Chancellor; born July 14, 1927, in Chicago, IL; son of Estil Marion (in real estate and hotels) and Mollie (Barrett) Chancellor; married Constance Herbert, 1950 (divorced, 1956); married Barbara Upshaw (a graphic designer), January 25, 1958; children: Mary (first marriage); Laura Campbell, Barnaby John (second marriage). Addresses: OFFICE--NBC News, 30Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10020. AGENT-- Esther Newberg, InternationalCreative Management, 40 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- July 14, 1927
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Reporter, WMAQ-TV, Chicago, IL, 1950.
- Midwest news correspondent based in Chicago, NBC, 1950-58.
- foreign correspondent based in Vienna, 1958, London, 1959-60, and Moscow,1960-61, NBC, 1958-61.
- host, Today Show, NBC, 1961-62.
- news correspondent based in New York City, NBC, 1961-63.
- foreign correspondent based in Brussels, NBC, 1963-64.
- White House correspondent based in Washington, DC, NBC, 1964-65.
- national news correspondent based in Washington, DC, NBC, 1967-70.
- anchor, NBC Nightly News, NBC, 1970-82.
- news commentator, NBC Nightly News, NBC, 1982--.
Credits; PRINCIPAL RADIO APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Host, The Chancellor Report, NBC, 1970-82.
- The Chancellor Report, NBC, 1970-82.
- (Contributor) Memo to JFK from NBC News, Putnam, 1961.
- (with Walter R. Mears) The News Business, Harper, 1983.
- Contemporary Authors, Volume 109, Gale, 1983.
Other articles you might like: