Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Peter McEnery to Gene Milford
Anne Meacham Biography (1925-)
Born July 21, 1925, in Chicago, IL; daughter of Florus David and Virginia (Foster) Meacham. Addresses: HOME--New York, NY. AGENT--Barry Agency, 165W. 46th Street, New York, NY 10036.
- Birth Details
- July 21, 1925
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Mrs. Brown, Claudia, Bridgeton, ME, 1946.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Ensign Jane Hilton, The Long Watch, Lyceum Theatre, 1952.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Violante, Ondine, 46th Street Theatre, NY, 1954.
- Lorna, Golden Boy, Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1954.
- Aurora, The Immortal Husband, Theatre de Lys, NY, 1955.
- Gertrude Wentworth, Eugenia, Ambassador Theatre, NY, 1957.
- Romaine, Witness for the Prosecution, Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1957.
- Catherine Holly, Suddenly Last Summer, York Playhouse, NY, 1958.
- Lizzie Borden, The Legend of Lizzie, 54th Street Theatre, 1959.
- Jere Halliday, The Disenchanted, Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1960.
- Hedda, Hedda Gabler, Fourth Street Theatre, NY, 1960.
- Adela Quested, A Passage to India, Ambassador Theatre, NY, 1962.
- Maria, School for Scandal, Violet, The Tavern, Dorcas, A Penny for a Song, all with the Association of Producing Artists at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1962.
- Elma, As You Desire Me and Monica Claverton-Ferry, The Elder Statesman, both Milwaukee, WI, 1963.
- Nina, The Seagull and Elizabeth Proctor, The Crucible, both part of Eva Le Gallienne's National Repertory Theatre, Belasco Theatre, 1964.
- Dienaeria, The Wives, Stage 73, NY, 1965.
- Vinnie Dickinson, Come Slowly, Eden, White Barn Theatre, Westport, CT, 1966.
- Penelope Gray, Elizabeth the Queen, City Center Theatre, NY, 1966.
- Gertrude, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, Alvin Theatre, NY, 1967.
- Countess Aurelia, The Madwoman of Chaillot, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, OH, 1968.
- Knights of the Round Table and Little Eyolf, both Artists Theatre, Southhampton, NY, 1968.
- Madame Acardina, The Seagull, Hartford Stage Company, CT, 1968.
- Miriam, In the Bar of a Tokyo Hotel, Eastside Playhouse, NY, 1969.
- Barinin, Edith Stein, Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1969.
- Louise, Fathers Day, Washington Theatre Club, Washington, DC, 1971.
- Gwendolyn, The Importance of Being Earnest and Julie, The Royal Family, both Goodman Theatre, Chicago, 1972.
- title role, The Latter Days of a Celebrated Soubrette, Central Arts, NY,1974.
- Nurse Boyd, A Destiny with Half Moon Street, Coconut Grove Playhouse, Coconut Grove, FL, 1983.
- Eleanor of Aquitane, The Lion in Winter, Clarence Brown Theatre, University of Tennessee, 1986.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Penny, The Fatal Weakness, national, 1947.
- Elsie Fraser, The First Mrs. Fraser, 1948.
- Laura Bateman, Masquerade, national, 1952-53.
- with Eve Le Gallienne's National Repertory Theatre tour: Lady India, RingRound the Moon, Nina, The Seagull, and Elizabeth Procter, The Crucible, 1963-64.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Lilith, Columbia, 1964.
- Dear Dead Delilah, 1971.
- Seizure, 1974.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Louise, Another World.
- Playhouse 90.
- Dr. Kildare.
- The Virginian.
- Therese Raquin, PBS.
Other articles you might like: