Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Michael Denison to Carol L. Dudley
Bob Dishy Biography ((?)-)
Born in Brooklyn, NY; son of Nathan and Amy (Barazani) Dishy; married Judy Graubart. Addresses: HOME--20 E. 9th Street, New York, NY 10003.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Rocky, Damn Yankees, 46th Street Theatre, 1956.
PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Charlie Paal, There Is a Play Tonight, Theatre Marquee, New York City, 1961.
- Theophile, Can-Can, City Center Theatre, NY, 1962.
- Harry Toukarian, Flora, the Red Menace, Alvin Theatre, New York City, 1965.
- Sapiens, By Jupiter, Theatre Four, New York City, 1965.
- inventor, The Unknown Soldier and His Wife, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, NewYork City, 1967.
- Sheldon "Bud" Nemerov, Something Different, Cort Theatre, New York City,1967.
- Arthur Korman, The Goodbye People, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, New York City, 1968.
- Alex Krieger, A Way of Life, American National Theatre Academy Playhouse,New York City, 1969.
- Adam, The Creation of the World and Other Business, Shubert Theatre, NewYork City, 1972.
- Arnold Brody, An American Millionaire, Circle in the Square, New York City, 1974.
- Abner Truckle, Sly Fox, Broadhurst Theatre, New York City, 1976.
- Paul Miller, Murder at the Howard Johnson's, John Golden Theatre, New York City, 1979.
- Jake, Grownups, American Repertory Theatre, Cambridge, MA, then Lyceum Theatre, New York City, both 1981, later Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, CA, 1983.
- Mort, What's Wrong with This Picture?, Manhattan Theatre Club, New York City, 1985.
- Also appeared in Chic, Orpheum Theatre, New York City, 1959; FromA to Z,Plymouth Theatre, New York City, 1960; Dig We Must, John Drew Theatre, East Hampton, NY, 1960; Medium Rare, Put It in Writing, both Happy Medium Theatre,Chicago, IL, 1962; When the Owl Screams Revue, Square East Theatre, New YorkCity, 1963; Open Season at Second City, (also director) The Wrecking Ball, both Square East Theatre, New York City, 1964.
- Medium Rare, U.S. cities, 1960-61.
PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- The Tiger Makes Out, Columbia, 1967.
- Lovers and Other Strangers, Cinerama, 1970.
- The Big Bus, Paramount, 1976.
- Last Married Couple in America, Universal, 1980.
- The First Family, Warner Brothers, 1980.
- Author! Author!, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1982.
- Brighton Beach Memoirs, Universal, 1986.
- Critical Condition, Paramount, 1986.
PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- Columbo, NBC.
- That Was the Week That Was, NBC, 1964-65.
- (also director of individual skits) Story Theatre, syndicated.
- Flora, the Red Menace, (original cast recording), RCA, 1965.
Other articles you might like: