Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
John Romano to Waldo Salt
Michael S. Roth Biography (1954-)
Born July 23, 1954, in Brooklyn, NY; son of William (a lawyer) and Sophie (Shub) Roth. Addresses: HOME--248 W. 105th Street, New York, NY 10025; 388 Nautilus Street, La Jolla, CA 92037.
- Birth Details
- July 23, 1954
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; MUSIC DIRECTOR AND ORCHESTRATOR
- Maybe I'm Doing It Wrong: The Songs of Randy Newman, Roxy Theatre, Los Angeles, La Jolla Playhouse, CA, and Astor Place Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- Big River, American Repertory Theatre, Cambridge, MA, 1984.
- The Dybbuk, Impossible Ragtime Theatre, New York City, 1977.
- Dynamite Tonight, two piano adaptation of an opera by William Bolcom, 1980.
- Theme for a Futuristic Movie, piano composition, Windham Hill Records, 1980.
- Rag for Five Instruments, commissioned chamber composition, Spectrum Ensemble, New York City, 1981.
- (co-composer) Hopi Prophecies, opera, West Bank Cafe, New York City, 1983.
- No End to Stand On, commissioned chamber composition, New York Quintet, Merkin Hall, New York City, 1983.
- The Visions of Simone Machard, La Jolla Playhouse, 1983.
- As You Like It, La Jolla Playhouse, 1984.
- Ghost on Fire and The Seagull, both at the La Jolla Playhouse, 1985.
- Streich, commissioned flute quartet, Carnegie Recital Hall, New York City, Atheneum Theatre, La Jolla, 1986.
- composer and sound designer, Cleveland, BACA Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, 1986.
- composer and sound designer, 1951, for the University of California at San Diego at the Perry Street Theatre, New York City, both 1986.
- composer and sound designer, The Three Cuckolds, La Jolla Playhouse, BillIrwin performer.
- Works-in-progress: "Fats," composition for piano; "Accidental Requiem," chamber compostion brass quintet with tape loop; "Imagination Dead Imagine," chamber composition to text by Samuel Beckett.
Other articles you might like: