Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Amy Saltz to David Selby
Austin Sears Biography (1947-)
Born November 2, 1947, in New York, NY; son of Bernard Horatio (an ivory andostrich merchant) and Gustava N. (Pototska) Sears; married Margarita Malinova(a concert pianist); children: Judith, Sean, Jose, Prospero. Addresses: OFFICE--c/o Cooperstown Theatre, P.O. Box 851, Cooperstown, NY 13326.
Favorite roles: King Arthur in Camelot; John Adams in 1776.
- Birth Details
- November 2, 1947
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Hillary McKenzie, The Boiling Oil Machine, Drury Lane Theatre, London, 1969.
- Dr. Seward, Dracula, New Vic Theatre, London, 1973.
- John Dickinson, 1776, Riverfront Stage, Philadelphia, PA, 1975.
- George, Same Time, Next Year, City Stage Theatre, Poughkeepsie, NY, 1979.
- Bluntschli, Arms and the Man, Cooperstown Theatre Festival, Cooperstown,NY, 1985.
- John Adams, 1776, Cooperstown Theatre Festival, 1986.
- Also appeared as title role, Hamlet, National Shakespeare Company, International Repertory Theatre, 1974.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- King Arthur, Camelot, U.S. cities, 1979 and 1983.
- John Adams, 1776, U.S. cities, 1986.
- FILM DEBUT--Homer, Running, Universal, 1979.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- FBI Agent Jones, Prince of the City, Warner Brothers, 1981.
- A Season in the Sun, SAE Films, 1987.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Luke O'Hare, Best of Families, PBS, 1977.
Other articles you might like: