Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Amy Saltz to David Selby
Isao Sato Biography (1949-1990)
Born June 27, 1949, in Tokyo, Japan; died in an airplane crash, March 9, 1990; son of Toshio Hirai (a real estate salesman) and Kyoko Sato; married ShizueKanemitsu, October 17, 1976 (divorced, 1979).
- Birth Details
- June 27, 1949
- Tokyo, Japan
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- (Stage debut) Soldier, The Wizard of Oz, Nissei Theatre, Tokyo, Japan, 1970.
- Servant, Nobunaga-Ki, Nissei Theatre, 1971.
- Title role, Lelio, Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, Tokyo, 1971.
- Theo, Piaf, Nissei Theatre, 1971.
- Narrator, Soldier's Tale, Tokyo Bunka Kaikan, 1972.
- Servant, Marriage of Figaro, Dai-ichi Seimei Hall, Tokyo, 1972.
- Fox, Animal Conference, Nissei Theatre, 1972.
- First player and Player Queen, Hamlet, Nissei Theatre, 1972.
- Theo, Piaf, Yubin-chokin Hall, 1972.
- Balthazar, Much Ado About Nothing, Dai-ichi Seimei Hall, 1973.
- Patrick Dennis, Mame, Nissei Theatre, 1973.
- Theo, Piaf, Nissei Theatre, 1974.
- Yukichi Fukuzawa, John Manjiro, Nissei Theatre, 1974.
- Kayama, Pacific Overtures, Winter Garden Theatre, New York City, 1976.
- Sup-tai, Genghis Khan, Imperial Theatre, Tokyo, 1977.
- Eiko, Utamaro, Imperial Theatre, 1977.
- I Love My Wife, Ethel Barrymore Theatre, New York City, 1977.
- Title role, Aladdin, Orpheum Theatre, Vancouver, Canada, then Concert Hall, Winnipeg, Canada, 1978.
- Chan Ch'uer and Fa-lian, Fanshen, A Contemporary Theatre, Seattle, WA, 1979.
- Zeng Wenging, Peking Man, Horace Mann Theatre, New York City, 1980.
- Second official, Dr. Peng, and bailiff, Extenuating Circumstances, PerryStreet Theatre, New York City, 1981.
- Ito, Mame, American Musical Theatre, New London, CT, 1985-86.
- Also appeared as China Joe and Mrs. Smith, Shot Thru the Heart, Birmingham, MI, 1983, and in A Bowler Hat, New York City. Appeared in several New YorkShakespeare Festival productions and touring shows.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Indian and pirate, Peter Pan, northern Japanese cities, 1971.
- First player and Lucianus, Hamlet, northern Japanese cities, 1971.
- Theo, Piaf, Japanese cities, 1972.
- Young man, A Girl from the Star, northern Japanese cities, 1972.
- Watchmaker, Intermezzo, northern Japanese cities, 1973.
- Balthazar, Much Ado About Nothing, western Japanese cities, 1973.
- Old man, Twin Lotte, northern Japanese cities, 1974.
- Kayama, Pacific Overtures, U.S. cities, 1975-76.