Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Peter McEnery to Gene Milford
Paul Meacham Biography (1939-)
Addresses: Home: 604 Jefferson Street, Hoboken, NJ, 07030.
"I became a producer in 1981 with Fighting Bob, by Tom Cole at the Astor Place Theatre in NY; it closed after 8 previews and 8 performance."
- actor, producer
- Birth Details
- August 5, 1939
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Charlie Davenport, Annie Get Your Gun, East High School, Memphis,TN, 1958.
New York Debut
- Boss, The Adding Machine, WPA, for 12 performances, 1971.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Menelaus, Troilus and Cressida, NJ Shakespeare Festival; Dr. Seward, Count Dracula, George Street Playhouse, New Brunswick, NJ; Paul Sycamore, You Can't Take It with You, Barter, VA; two seasons at Cohoes Music Hall in Cohoes, NY, roles include Charlie, Death of a Salesman, Father Day, Life Keith Father, Carlson, Of Mice of Men; Fezziwig, A Christmas Carol, Virginia Stage Company; Parris, The Crucible, Virginia Stage Company; three seasons with Milwaukee Repertory, WI, roles include Hedges, Born Yesterday, Fezziwig, A Christmas Carol, Fireman, Lakeboat, Ligniere, Cyrano de Bergerac; O'NeillTheatre Center, National Playwrights Conference--Powerman, Ghost Dancing, Gene, First Draft, Col. Troop, Proud Flesh; Lineman, Lineman and Sweet Lightnin', Kennedy Center, Washington, DC; two seasons with the Classic Stage Company, NY, roles include Antonio, Revenger's Tragedy, Hebble Tyson, The Lady's Not for Burning, Teddy, The Homecoming, Stubb, Moby Dick, Toby Belch, Twelfth Night; Teddy Roosevelt, Fighting Bob, Astor Place, NY; Dr. Seward, ThePassion Of Dracula, Cherry Lane.
- Bill Donnelly, Hoodlums, 1981.
Principal Film Appearances
Prince of the City.
Principal Television Appearances
- Pete, All My Children; Chief Murphy, One Life to Live; RoomClerk, Edge of Night; Dr. Roberts, The Doctors.
Charlatans, a musical, WPA, NY, 1972.
- Television producer and director, University of Tennessee Knoxville, 1964-66: assistant director, Department of Conferences, University of Tennessee,1966--67; instructor/director. Department of Speech/Theatre, University of Tennessee, 1969-70; instructor, Plainfield High School, NJ, 1971-75.