Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brock Peters to Jonathan Prince
Paula Kay Pierce Biography (1942-)
Born Paula Kay Hasslocher, October 1, 1942 in Rio de Janeiro; daughter of Paulo Germano (a diplomat) and Olga (a dancer, singer, and teacher; maiden name,Balabanoff) Hasslocher; married George Adams Pierce, 1964 (divorced, 1969);married Jan Barry Crumb (a writer), 1970; children: (second marriage) Chris,Nikolai. Addresses: HOME--Montclair, NJ. OFFICE--400 W. 43rd Street, Suite 4N, New York, NY 10036.
As the founder of Eccentric Circles Theatre, Ms. Pierce states that it is a non-profit company dedicated to new American plays written by women, directedby women, with emphasis on strong performing roles for women, especially overthe age of thirty-five.
- Birth Details
- October 1, 1942
- Rio de Janeiro
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Antigone, Hunter College, 1968.
- various children's plays, Brooklyn College, 1971.
- Munro, Brooklyn College, 1971.
- Warplay, Brooklyn College, 1972.
- Winning Hearts and Minds, New York Shakespeare Festival, Anspacher Theatre, NY, 1972.
- A Slight Ache, AIM Theatre, NY, 1974.
- The Dragon, Big Apple Theatre parks tour, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, 1974.
- April Off Atlantic Avenue, Big Apple Theatre, NY, 1975.
- American Fourth of July, Lincoln Center Out-of-Doors series, NY, 1975.
- The Merchant of Venice, Big Apple Theatre, NY, 1976.
- It's Only Temporary, Gate Theatre, NY.
- The Hot L Baltimore and The Three Sisters, both at Bell & Barter Theatre, NY, 1977.
- The Coach, Gene Frankel Theatre, NY, 1979.
- The following were all directed by Pierce and produced by the Eccentric Circles Theatre: 96 A, St. Malachy's, NY, 1980.
- Nirvana Manor, Actor's Outlet, NY, 1981.
- Burnscape, Actor's Outlet, NY, 1983.
- Love Games, Eighteenth Street Playhouse, NY, 1984.
- Dancing to Dover and Dance of the Mayfly, both at Eighteenth Street Playhouse, NY, 1985.
- Also directed: Oh, Baby!, Actor's Outlet, NY, 1983; Rachel's Gifts, SouthStreet Theatre, NY, 1985.
Other articles you might like: