Rita Gam Biography (1928-)
Addresses: Agent: Milton Goldman, ICM, 40 W. 57th Street, New York, 10019.
- New York Debut
- A Flag Is Born, 1946.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- The Insect Comedy, NY; The Young and the Fair, NY; Temporary Island, NY; Montserrat, NY, 1949; There's a Girl in MySoup, NY, 1967; Masha, The Three Sisters, Minnesota Theatre Company; The Sea Gull, Syracuse Stage, NY; Elise, The Miser, Minnesota Theatre Company; The Apple Cart, Actors Studio, NY; The Importance of Being Earnest, Fort Lee, NJ; The Taming of the Shrew, Nantucket, MA; Macbeth, Straight Wharf Theatre, Nantucket, MA; Anthony and Cleopatra, Memphis, TN; Camino Real, Seattle Repertory, Seattle,WA; Idiot's Delight, Actor's Studio, Los Angeles; Born Yesterday, Fort Lee, NJ; Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?, Fort Lee, NJ; The Marriage-Go-Round, Stockbridge, MA; Kate & Ann, Old Times, L.A. Actors Theatre, Los Angeles; Gertrude, Hamlet, The Old Globe.
- Major Tours
- Suddenly, Last Summer, I Am a Camera, New York State Repertory Co., South America; Gillian, Bell, Book and Candle, Southern U.S.
- Film Debut
- The Thief, 1952.
- Film Appearances
- Saadia, 1953; Sign of the Pagan, 1954; Night People,1954; Magic Fire, 1955; Mohawk, 1956; Atilla, the Hun,1958; Hannibal, 1960; King of Kings, 1961; Costa Azzura; No Exit; Law andDisorder; Klute, 1971; Shootout, 1971; Such Good Friends, 1971; wrote andproduced, Woman to Woman (Israeli Film).
- Television Appearances
- Romance Theatre, 1949; A Family Affair; Mannix; Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea; McMillan and Wife; The Jackie Gleason Show; Heroes of the Bible; The Rockford Files; Hidden Faces; Love of Life; The Edge of Night; Tucker's Witch; Tales of the Unexpected, 1977; Newscaster, WNEW, New York; Uncle Vanya, (CBC).
- Documentary Films
- Woman to Woman.
- The Beautiful Woman; My Actresses.
- "Princess Grace: A Tribute," McCalls; "Russia" (and other travel pieces), Los Angeles Herald Examiner.