Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ueli Steiger to Milt Tarver
Roy Steinberg Biography (1951-)
Full name, Roy Bennett Steinberg; born March 24, 1951, in New York, NY; son of Sy (a salesman) and Flora Joyce (a teacher; maiden name, Matthews) Steinberg; married Marlena Lustik (an actress), September 8, 1984; children: Alexa Catherine. Addresses: Home--25 Grove St., No. 21, New York, NY 10014. Office--c/o The Guiding Light, CBS TV, 222 East 44th St., 4th Fl., New York, NY10017.
- Birth Details
- March 24, 1951
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; Stage Appearances
- (London debut) Peachum, The Beggar's Opera, Chanticleer at Webber- Douglas School, 1971.
- Skelly, The Rimers of Eldritch, International Drama Festival, Ireland, and subsequent tour of the British Isles, 1972.
- (New York debut) The Doctor, Wings, Lyceum, 1979.
- Johansson, The Ghost Sonata, Yale Repertory, New Haven, CT, 1979.
- Wilson, Terra Nova, Santa Fe Festival, NM, 1982.
- Ben Sakhov, Zeks, Theatre for the New City, New York City, 1983.
- Also appeared as Merchant, Twilight Crane, Theatre of the Open Eye, New York City; Biedermann, Firebugs, John Cocteau Repertory Co., New York City; Jack Roots, After the Rise, Astor Place, New York City; Mumbles, Our Father, Colonnades, New York City; Krizovec, In Agony, Marymount Manhattan Theatre, NewYork City; Lysander,A Midsummer Night's Dream, Bouwerie Lane, New York City;Amundsson, Terra Nova, Cassius, Julius Caesar, Guest, White Marriage, Surkkala, Puntilia, and Friar Peter, Measure for Measure, all at Yale Repertory; title role, Macbeth, Andrew Undershaft, Major Barbara, Francisco Pizzaro, The Royal Hunt of the Sun, all at Tufts University; Lear, King Lear, Robert Scott,Terra Nova, Canon Chausable, The Importance of Being Earnest, and Boris Kolenkov, You Can't Take It with You, all at Berea College, KY.
Credits; Major Tours
- The Doctor, Wings, U.S. cities, 1979.
- Also appeared as Ben Silverman, The Sunshine Boys, Prather Productions tour; Crouch, Not Now Darling, Prather Productions tour; and Osric and Player King, Hamlet, National Shakespeare Company tour.
Credits; Stage Work; Director
- Directed Private Lives and Absent Friends, both 1987; Broadway Bound, 1988; The Miser, The Learned Ladies, The Marriage Fool, and Othello, all 1989.
Credits; Television Appearances
- (Television debut) Eliezar, The Wall (movie), CBS, 1980.
- Ticket seller, As the World Turns (series), CBS, 1983.
- Also appeared as Phil, No Alternative: One Life to Live, ABC; on AnotherWorld, 1985; Camera Three, CBS; Ryan's Hope, ABC; and as the Director, Private Eye.
Credits; Television Work
- Producer, The Guiding Light (series), CBS, 1990--.
Credits; Film Appearances
- (Film debut) Taxi hailer, Manhattan, United Artists (UA), 1979.
- Going in Style, Warner Bros., 1979.
- Willie and Phil, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1980.
- Hero at Large, UA, 1980.
- Also appeared as Person in street, The Man Who Envied Women, 1986.
Other articles you might like: