Jerome Collamore Biography (1891-)
Addresses: Home: 147-05 Sanford Ave., Flushing, NY, 11355; Agent: Marje Fields, 165 W. 46th Street, New York, NY, 10036.
SIDELIGHTS: "Directed at the following schools: Marta Oatman's (L.A.), Alvenie (N.Y.). Helped found the Hilda Spong Dramatic School and directed there. (N.Y.C.)"
- actor, writer
- Birth Details
- September 25, 1891
- Somerville, Massachusetts
- Jimmy Valentine, Alais, Rand's Opera House, Troy, NY, 1912.
- New York Debut
- Salome, Washington Square Players, Comedy Theatre, 1917.
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Mr. Barnum, with Tom Wise, Criterion, New York, 1918; Her Honorthe Mayor, Fulton, New York; The Good Men Do, Fulton, New York, 1918; The Awakening, Criterion, New York, 1918; Potiphar's Wife;Freddy; Jacob Slovak; Would-Be Gentleman; Hamlet, with Walter Hampden; Hamlet with E. H. Sothern and Julia Marlowe; Taming of the Shrew, with Sothern and Marlowe; Twelfth Night, with Sothern and Marlowe; The Merchant of Venice, with Sothern and Marlowe; Abraham Cochran; Cheri; Romeo and Juliet, with Walter Hampden.
- Major Tours
- That Other Woman, international circuit, 1916-17; Madam Bertha Kalich in Magda, Riddle Woman, 1926-27; George Washington Slept Here, with Ernest Truex; Androcles and the Lion; Twelve Pound Look, withSylvia Field; Witness for the Prosecution, with Basil Rathbone; Little Foxes, with Ruth Chatterton; Kind Lady, with Sylvia Sydney; Christopher Bean, with Zasu Pitts; Pleasure of His Company, withJoan Bennett and Don Cook; Golden Rainbow.
- California, Romance, with Doris Keane; Czarina; Starlight;Greek Theatre Berkley, CA with Margaret Anglin--Hippolytus; San Francisco--Woman of No Importance; Charming Conscience; Great Lady Dedlock;Missouri Repertory Theatre, 1981--Nonno, Night of the Iguana; Williamstown Theatre Festival, Williamstown, MA--Firs, Cherry, Orchard; Brooklyn Academy of Music, The New York Idea; New York--That Hat, with Pierre Olaf.
- Principal Film Appearances
- Arthur; Annie; Klute; Funny Girl; To Find a Man; Grace Quigley.
- Television Debut
- Brand, The Ivory Door, NBC.
- Principal Television Appearances
- Cinderella; Meyerling; Little Moon of Alban; Mrs. Miniver; Arsenic andOld Lace; Saturday Night Live.
- Woman of No Importance; Charming Conscience; Romance; Czarina; Starlight; Magda; Riddle Woman; Kreutzer Sonata.
- Plays (one act)--Those Dennett Girls; Family Reunion; Mazie from Carolina; Subversive.