Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Karim Prince to Brad Renfro
Rex Reed Biography (1938-)
Full name, Rex Taylor Reed; born October 2, 1938 (some sources say 1939), inFort Worth, TX; son of James M. (an oil company supervisor) and Jewell (Smith) Reed. Addresses: OFFICE--c/o At the Movies, 435 N. Michigan Avenue,Suite 1829, Chicago, IL 60611. AGENT--International Creative Management, 40 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- As himself, Superman, Warner Brothers, 1978.
- Longfellow, Inchon, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1981.
- entertainment editor, Irreconcilable Differences, Warner Brothers, 1984.
- Also appeared in Myra Breckinridge, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1970.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Panelist, The Gong Show, syndicated, 1976-80.
- host, Rex Reed's Movie Guide, syndicated, 1980.
- correspondent, Inside America, ABC, 1982.
- co-host, At the Movies, syndicated, 1986--.
- Also regular, Tomorrow, NBC.
- Hellzapoppin', ABC, 1972.
- That Was the Year That Was, NBC, 1976.
- Also Judy Garland: The Concert Years, 1985.
- Rex Reed's Movie Guide, syndicated, 1980.
- Do You Sleep in the Nude? (nonfiction), New American Library, 1968.
- Conversations in the Raw (nonfiction), World Publishing, 1970.
- Big Screen, Little Screen (nonfiction), Macmillan, 1971.
- People Are Crazy Here (nonfiction), Delacorte, 1974.
- Valentines and Vitriol (nonfiction), Delacorte, 1977.
- Travolta to Keaton (nonfiction), Morrow, 1979.
- Personal Effects (fiction), Arbor House, 1986.
Other articles you might like: