Ruthie Henshall Biography ((?)-)
Father, a journalist and theater critic, mother, a film, drama, and television teacher. Career: Actress and singer. Appeared in Chichester Festival. Awards, Honors: Olivier Award, best actress in a musical, for SheLoves Me; Olivier Award nomination, for Crazy for You; Olivier Award nomination, for Chicago. Addresses: Agent: Writers and Artists Agency, 8383 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 550, Beverly Hills, CA 90211.
- actress, singer
- Stage Appearances
- Roxie Hart, Chicago, London, England, 1997
- Ziegfeld Follies of 1936, City Center, New York City, 1999
- (Broadway debut) Velma Kelly, Chicago, New York City, 1999
- Putting It Together, New York City, 1999
- Made stage debut in A Chorus Line; also appeared as Polly, Crazy for You, London, England and Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Fantine, LesMiserables, London, England; Amalia Balash, She Loves Me; in Cats, London, England; Miss Saigon, London, England; Oliver!,London, England.
- Television Appearances
- Fantine,"Les Miserables" in Concert, PBS, 1996
- Ira Gershwin: A Centenary Celebration--Who Could Ask For Anything More?, A&E, 1997
- Hey Mr. Producer!: The Musical World of Cameron Mackintosh, PBS, 1998
- Film Appearances
- Fantine, Les Miserables in Concert, 1995
- Fantine and others, Hey Mr. Producer (also known as Hey Mr. Producer!: The Musical World of Cameron Mackintosh), 1998
- Recorded The Ruthie Henshall Album; Love Is Here to Stay.
- Playbill, June 30, 1999, p. 14.*