Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Joe Viterelli to Orson Welles
Jan Waters Biography (1937-)
Born January 28, 1937, in Bournemouth, England; daughter of Albert Edward andFlorence May (Martin) Waters; married Peter Gilmore (divorced). Addresses: AGENT--c/o William Morris Agency, Ltd., 147-149 Wardour Street, LondonW1V 3TV, England.
Favorite roles: Polly Peachum in The Beggars' Opera; Victoria in Trumpets andDrums.
- Birth Details
- January 28, 1937
- Bournemouth, England
- STAGE DEBUT--Title role, Cinderella (pantomime), Adelphi Theatre, 1960.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Tilda Mullen, Do Re Mi, Prince of Wales Theatre, London, 1961.
- Mary Grimaldi, Joey, Beatrice, Much Ado about Nothing, Liz Rivet, GoldenRivet, all Bristol Old Vic Theatre, Bristol, U.K., 1962-63.
- Ruth Condomine, High Spirits, Savoy Theatre, London, 1964.
- Polly Peachum, The Beggar's Opera, Apollo Theatre, London, 1968.
- Miss Ethel Monticue, The Young Visitors, Piccadilly Theatre, London, 1968.
- Vivien, Don't Start without Me, Garrick Theatre, London, 1971.
- Julie, Showboat, Adelphi Theatre, London, 1972.
- Eleanor, Only a Game, Shaw Theatre, London, 1973.
- Dionyza, Pericles, Her Majesty's Theatre, London, 1974.
- Carla, Kennedy's Children, King's Head Theatre, London, 1974.
- title role, Susanna Andler, Haymarket Theatre, London, 1975.
- Buster, Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., then Old Vic Theatre, London, both 1977.
- Queenie, Born in the Gardens, Globe Theatre, London, 1980.
- Also appeared as Linda, Pursuit of Love, Bristol, U.K., 1967; Victoria, Trumpets and Drums, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., 1970; and in repertory at Coventry and Edinburgh, both 1969.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Doll Common, The Alchemist, Eileen Midway, Semi-Detached, both with the Cambridge Theatre Company, U.K. cities, 1970.
- Oello, The Royal Hunt of the Sun, Maria, Twelfth Night, Boult, Dionyza, Pericles, all with the Prospect Theatre Company, U.K.
- cities, 1973.
- Eliza Doolittle, Pygmalion, Portia, Twelfth Night, both with the WatfordPalace Theatre Company, Far East cities, 1976.
- FILM DEBUT--Touch of Death, 1962.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Corruption, Columbia, 1968.
Other articles you might like: