Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Klaus Badelt to Christophe Beck
Paul Barry Biography (1931-)
Born August 29, 1931, in Waterford, MI; son of Clement Stanley (an opera singer) and Doris (an actress; maiden name, Manier) Barry; married Ellen FrancesReiss (an actress), February 22, 1969; children: Kevin Michael, Timothy Brian, Shannon Elizabeth. Addresses: HOME--34 Hillcrest Avenue, Morristown,NJ 07960. OFFICE--New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, Madison, NJ 07940.
- Birth Details
- August 29, 1931
- Waterford, Michigan, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Mr. Keres, Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright, Off-Broadway production.
- With the New York Shakespeare Festival, American Savoyards, and other companies played such roles as Quixote/Cervantes, Man of La Mancha, Littlechap,Stop the World, I Want to Get Off, Og, Finian's Rainbow, George, Of Mice andMen, Frank Elgin, The Country Girl, Shannon, Night of the Iguana, Berrenger,Rhinoceros, Bill Maitland, Inadmissible Evidence, Archie Rice, The Entertainer, and the title roles in Hamlet, Richard III, Luther, Macbeth, and Cyrano deBergerac.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Macbeth and Spoon River Anthology, Title I-III tours of New Jersey.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Richard III, Asolo State Theatre, Sarasota, FL, 1978.
- Transfiguration in Precinct 12, Kennedy Center, Washington, DC, 1979.
- Also directed Call a Spade a Shovel, 81st Annual Triangle Show, PrincetonUniversity, Princeton, NJ; The Rose Tattoo, The Tavern, both New Orleans Repertory Theatre, New Orleans, LA; Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story, both Bucks County Playhouse, New Hope,PA; Kismet, Equity Library Theatre, New York; Twelfth Night, The Rivals, both with the Boston Herald-Traveler Repertory Company, Boston, MA.
- Director, all with the New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, Madison, NJ, 1963-87: The Taming of the Shrew, Richard III, Antony and Cleopatra, Luther, TheMerry Wives of Windsor, The Devils, The Comedy of Errors, Marat/Sade, Much Ado about Nothing, Julius Caesar, Desire Under the Elms, Othello, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Hamlet, The Tempest, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, Troilus and Cressida, The Bourgeois Gentleman, Coriolanus, Summer and Smoke, AsYou Like It, Measure for Measure, Under Milk Wood, J.B., Steambath, Richard II, Henry IV--Parts I and II, Henry V, The Devil's Disciple, The Best Man, ThePlayboy of the Western World, Of Mice and Men, Cyrano de Bergerac, An Enemyof the People, The Glass Menagerie, Love's Labour's Lost, The Country Girl, King Lear, A Streetcar Named Desire, Travesties, Two for the Seesaw, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Macbeth, Volpone, Romeo and Juliet, The Caretaker,A Christmas Carol, Cymbeline, Tartuffe, Da, That Championship Season, Sweet Birdof Youth, The Lady's Not for Burning, The Merchant of Venice, The School forScandal, All the Way Home, The Sunshine Boys, The Crucible, Henry VIII, A Man for All Seasons.
- Director, all with the Cape May Playhouse, Cape May, NJ: Rashomon, The Hostage, South Pacific, Anna Christie, A Taste of Honey, My Fair Lady, The RoseTattoo, The King and I, Incident at Vichy, How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying, Carnival, The Birthday Party, The Apple Tree, Beyond the Fringe.
- Director, all with the Keweenaw Playhouse, Calumet, MI: The Rainmaker, Teahouse of the August Moon, The Diary of Anne Frank, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Matchmaker, The Emperor Jones, Look Back in Anger, The Music Man, West SideStory, The Merry Widow, Paint Your Wagon.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; BOTH AS DIRECTOR
- "Cyrano de Bergerac," Hallmark Hall of Fame, NBC.
- Hamlet, WHDH, Boston.
- The Care and Feeding of Dinosaurs: A Treatise on Acting.