Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Patrick Renna to Christy Carlson Romano
Pernell Roberts Biography (1928-)
Full name, Pernell Roberts, Jr.; born May 18, 1928, in Waycross, GA; son of P. E. and Betty Roberts; married Vera Mowry Roberts (a professor), October, 1951 (divorced); married second wife; married Kara Knack (divorced, 1995); children: (with first wife) Jonathan Christopher. Addresses: Contact--20395 Seaboard Rd., Malibu, CA 90265.
- Birth Details
- May 18, 1928
- Waycross, Georgia, United States
Credits; Television Appearances; Series
- Adam Cartwright, Bonanza, NBC, 1959-65.
- Dr. John "Trapper John" McIntyre, Trapper John, M.D., CBS, 1979-85.
- Host and narrator, F.B.I.: The Untold Stories, ABC, 1991-93.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- Hollywood Screen Test, ABC, 1948.
- Nat Pilcher, "How to Kill a Woman," Gunsmoke, CBS, 1957.
- "Utopia, Wyoming," Zane Grey Theater, CBS, 1958.
- "Pressure Point," Zane Grey Theater, CBS, 1958.
- Patrick Madigan, "Cage of Eagles," The Big Valley, ABC, 1967.
- President Beyron Rurich, "Operation 'Heart'," Mission: Impossible, ABC, 1967.
- Dave Reeves, "Stranger in Town," Gunsmoke, CBS, 1967.
- Colonel Hans Krim, "The Mercenaries," Mission: Impossible, ABC, 1968.
- Ed Tanner, "Run of the Cat," The Big Valley, ABC, 1968.
- Chief Manuel Corba, "Death Squad," Mission: Impossible, ABC, 1970.
- Lon Phillips, "The Grandstand Play," Hawaii Five-O, CBS, 1971.
- "Exit from Wickenburg," Alias Smith and Jones, ABC, 1971.
- Joe Bellman, "The Tune in Dan's Cafe," Night Gallery, NBC, 1972.
- "Twenty One Days to Tenstrike," Alias Smith and Jones, ABC, 1972.
- "To Steal a King," Banacek, NBC, 1972.
- Boomer, "Imitation," Mission: Impossible, ABC, 1973.
- Billie Joe, "Strike Up the Band ... or Else," The Odd Couple, ABC, 1974.
- "The House of Cards," Cannon, CBS, 1976.
- "The House on Willis Avenue, Pts. I and II," The Rockford Files, NBC, 1977.
- Clint Hollister, "Shoot-Out at Land's End," The Man from Atlantis, NBC, 1977.
- "Risks," Westside Medical, ABC, 1977.
- Hezekiah Horn, "Requiem for a Hero," The Young Riders, ABC, 1990.
- Dr. Elliot Valin, "The Last Laugh," Diagnosis Murder, CBS, 1994.
- George Fallon, Diagnosis Murder, CBS, 1996.
- Appeared as Charley Finn, "Breakup," The Streets of San Francisco; also appeared in episodes of Hotel and Vega$, both ABC.
Credits; Television Appearances; Movies
- Jim Conrad, San Francisco International (also known as San Francisco International Airport), NBC, 1970.
- The Bravos, ABC, 1971.
- Neal Duncan, Adventures of Nick Carter, NBC, 1972.
- The Lives of Jenny Dolan, NBC, 1975.
- Lieutenant Lee, The Deadly Tower (also known as Sniper), NBC, 1975.
- Dead Man on the Run, ABC, 1975.
- Charlie Cobb: Nice Night for a Hanging, NBC, 1977.
- The Immigrants, syndicated, 1978.
- The Night Rider, ABC, 1979.
- Sheriff Mardsen, Hot Rod (also known as Rebel of the Road), ABC, 1979.
- Marshal J. D. Ward, High Noon Part II--The Return of Will Kane, CBS, 1980.
- Incident at Crestridge, CBS, 1981.
- Hotel, ABC, 1982.
- Marshal Dancey, Desperado, NBC, 1987.
- Professor Harry Hadley-Smithe, The Night Train to Kathmandu, Disney Channel, 1988.
- Thatcher Horton, Perry Mason: The Case of the All-Star Assassin, NBC, 1989.
- Doctor Martingale, Donor, CBS, 1990.
Credits; Television Appearances; Miniseries
- Braithwaite, Captains and the Kings, NBC, 1976.
- General Asher, Centennial, NBC, 1978.
- Captain Speedy, Around the World in 80 Days, NBC, 1989.
Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- The Tenth Annual Circus of the Stars, 1985.
- The Night of 100 Stars II, 1985.
- Narrator, Realm of the Alligator (also known as National Geographic Specials), PBS, 1986.
- Judy Collins: From the Heart, Showtime, 1989.
- Host, Code One, ABC, 1989.
- Andrew Valiant, Checkered Flag, ABC, 1990.
Credits; Film Appearances
- (Film debut) Peter Cabot, Desire under the Elms, Paramount, 1958.
- Chocktaw Neal, The Sheepman (also known as Stranger with a Gun), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1958.
- Sam Boone, Ride Lonesome, Columbia, 1959.
- Himself, The Errand Boy, Paramount, 1961.
- The Kashmiri Run, Live Entertainment, 1969.
- Marshal, Four Rode Out, ADA, 1969.
- Paco, Genesis Home Video, 1975.
- Jamison, The Magic of Lassie, International, 1978.
- Checkered Flag, 1990.
Credits; Stage Appearances
- (Broadway debut) Tonight in Samarkand, 1953.
- Macbeth, New York City, 1955.
- Made stage debut in The Man Who Came to Dinner, Olney Theatre, MD; appeared in Clearing in the Woods, Broadway production; and Gone with the Wind, LosAngeles Civic Light Opera.
Credits; Major Tours
- Appeared in The King and I, U.S. cities.
Other articles you might like: