Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Frances Patricia Beck to Val Bisoglio
Peter Benchley Biography (1940-)
Full name, Peter Bradford Benchley; born May 8, 1940, in New York, NY; son ofNathaniel Goddard (an author) and Marjorie (Bradford) Benchley; married Wendy Wesson, September 19, 1964; children: Tracy, Clayton. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Roberta Pryor, International Creative Management, 40 W. 57th Street,New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- May 8, 1940
- New York, New York, United States
- NOVELS,UNLESS INDICATED Time and a Ticket (non-fiction), Houghton Mifflin, 1964.
- Jonathan Visits the White House (juvenile), McGraw-Hill, 1964.
- Jaws (also see below), Doubleday, 1974.
- The Deep (also see below), Doubleday, 1976.
- The Island (also see below), Doubleday, 1979.
- The Girl of the Sea of Cortez, Doubleday, 1982.
- Q Clearance, Random House, 1986.
Writings;SCREENPLAYS; ALL BASED ON HIS NOVELS OF THE SAME TITLES
- (With Carl Gottlieb) Jaws, Universal, 1975.
- (co-author) The Deep, Columbia, 1977.
- The Island, Universal, 1980.
- Contributor to periodicals, including Holiday, New Yorker, Vogue, New York Times Magazine, and National Geographic.
Other articles you might like: