Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Patrick Renna to Christy Carlson Romano
Christian Roberts Biography (1944-)
Born March 17, 1944, in Berkshire, England; son of Douglas Henry (in the dairy business) and Betty Alison Roberts; married Christine Carswell, September 26, 1973; children: Lucinda Alison, Benjamin Henry. Addresses: AGENT--Denis Selinger, International Creative Management, 388 Oxford Street, London W1N 9HE, England.
- Birth Details
- March 17, 1944
- Berkshire, England
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- STAGE DEBUT--Tournel, A Flea in Her Ear, Castle Theatre, Farnham, U.K., 1973, for twenty-five performances.
- LONDON DEBUT--Dr. Prospero, Return to the Forbidden Planet, Cambridge Theatre, 1989.
- Reporter, Free As Air, Castle Theatre, Farnham, U.K., 1973.
- Paris, Romeo and Juliet, Jack Chesney, Charley's Aunt, Cliff Bradshaw, Cabaret, Diego, A Royal Hunt of the Sun, Sergeant, The Devil's Disciple, and Johnny King, The Lord's Lieutenant, all Redgrave Theatre, Farnham, 1974.
- Trofimov, The Cherry Orchard, Bob Acres, The Rivals, Henry, Move Over, Mrs. Markham, Alfieri, A View from the Bridge, Philip Lombard, Ten Little Niggers, and Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace, all Regrave Theatre, 1975.
- Philip Harrison, The Gentle Hook, Salisbury Playhouse, Salisbury, U.K., 1976.
- Richard D'Oyly-Carte, Tarantara Tarantara, Theatre Royal, York, U.K., 1976.
- title role, Foxy, Watford Palace Theatre, Watford, U.K., then Redgrave Theatre, both 1977.
- J.M. Barrie, The Peter Pan Man, Rodger, A Slight Accident, Tegeus,A Phoenix Too Frequent, and Charles, All in the Mind, all Bellerby Theatre, Guildford, U.K., 1978.
- Peter, Time and Time Again and Fred Castle, Bed Before Yesterday, both Redgrave Theatre, 1978.
- Frankie Basata, Bird Bath, Bellerby Theatre, 1981.
- Sven, Ball Boys, Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Guildford, 1981.
- Malcolm, Having a Ball, Haymarket Theatre, Basingstoke, U.K., 1987.
- Duke Box, From a Jack to a King, Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland,1988.
- Lloyd Dallas, Noises Off, Redgrave Theatre, 1988.
- Also appeared as Geoffrey Jackson, Absurd Person Singular, 1976; Lennox,Macbeth, 1976; in Cowardly Custard, 1976; as Jeremy Warrender, The Spider's Web, Timothy, Salad Days, John Worthing, The Importance of Being Earnest, Tristan Tzara, Travesties, and David Ryder, Murder with Love, all in 1977.
Credits; STAGE WORK
- Producer, Return to the Forbidden Planet, Cambridge Theatre, London, 1989.
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- FILM DEBUT--Denham, To Sir, with Love, Columbia, 1967.
- Tom Taggert, The Anniversary, Hammer, 1968.
- Adam Galt, The Desperados, Columbia, 1969.
- Philip Harvey, Twisted Nerve, National General, 1969.
- Robert, The Adventurers, Paramount, 1970.
- Thomas Fleming, The Mind of Mr. Soames, Columbia, 1970.
- Andreas, The Last Valley, Cinerama, 1971.
- Also appeared in The Mountain of Fire, Paramount, 1972.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Frank Faith, Feet First, Thames, 1979.
- Also Saturday While Sunday, Granada, 1967.
- MINI-SERIES Clochemerle, BBC, 1972.
- Dr. Renor, Blake's Seven, BBC, 1978.
- Horst, Secret Army, BBC, 1978.
- young lecturer, "Degree of Uncertainty," Play for Today, BBC, 1978.
- Also The Avengers, ITV, 1968; The Persuaders, ITV, 1971; U.F.O., ITV, 1971.
- Albert, The Berlin Affair, NBC, 1970.
- Also appeared in Epic '66, BBC, 1966; Haunted, ABC, 1967.
Credits; RADIO APPEARANCES
- Lieutenant Champion, When the Gatling Jammed, BBC, 1978.
- Edward Digby, A Gallant Romantic, BBC, 1978.