Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ueli Steiger to Milt Tarver
Istvan Szabo Biography (1938-)
Born February 18, 1938, in Budapest, Hungary; son of Istvan (a doctor) and Maria (Vita) Szabo; married Vera Gyurey. Addresses: OFFICE--Objektiv Film Studio--MAFILM, 1149 Budapest, Lumumba utca 174, Hungary.
- Birth Details
- February 18, 1938
- Budapest, Hungary
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Abris Kondor, Magyarok (also known as The Hungarians), Hungarofilm, 1978.
- Andras, Fabian Balint Talalkozasa Istennel (also known as Balint Fabian Meets God), Hungarofilm, 1980.
- Dr. Kalman, Tusztortenet (also known as Stand Off), Hungarofilm, 1989.
Credits; FILM WORK; DIRECTOR
- FIRST FILM WORK--Director, Koncert (also known as Concert; short film), 1961.
- Variaciok egy temara (also known as Variations on a Theme; short film), Bela Balazs Studio, 1961.
- Te (also known as You ...; short film), Bela Balazs Studio, 1963.
- Almodozasok kora (also known as Age of Illusions and The Age of Daydreaming), 1964, released in the United States by Brandon, 1967.
- Apa (also known as Father), Continental Distributing, 1967.
- Szerelmesfilm (also known as A Film of Love, Love Film, and Love Story Film), Hungarofilm, 1970.
- Tuzolto utca 25 (also known as 25 Fireman's Street and Vie dei Pompieri 25), Hungarofilm, 1974.
- Bizalom (also known as Confidence), Hungarofilm, 1979, released in the United States by Cinegate, 1980.
- Mephisto, Cinegate/Analysis, 1981.
- Redl Ezredes (also known as Colonel Redl and Oberst Redl), Orion Classics, 1985.
- Hanussen (also known as Hanussen, Der Hellseher; Hanussen, the Prophet; Hanussen, the Clairvoyant; and The Prophet), Hungarofilm/Columbia, 1988.
- Also Kegyelet (also known as Piety; short documentary film), 1967; Budapest, amiert szeretem (also known as Budapest, Why I Love It; short film), 1971; Alom a hazrol (also known as Dream About the House; short film), 1971; Duna--halak--Madarak (also known as The Danube--Fishes--Birds; short film), 1971;Egy tukor (also known asA Mirror; short film), 1971; Leanyportre (also knownas A Portrait of a Girl; short film), 1971; Ter (also known as A Square; short film), 1971; Hajnal (also known as Dawn; short film), 1971; Alkony (also known as Twilight; short film), 1971; Budapesti mesek (also known as BudapestTales), 1976; Varosterkep (also known as City Map; short documentary film), 1977; Der Grune Vogel (also known as The Green Bird), 1979.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK
- Director, Osbemutato (also known as Premiere), 1974.
- director, Katzenspiel (also known as Cat Play), 1982.
- director, Bali, 1983.
Writings;SEE PRODUCTION DETAILS ABOVE FILM
- Koncert, 1961.
- Variaciok egy temara, 1961.
- Te, 1963.
- Almodozasok kora, 1964.
- Apa, 1966.
- Kegyelet, 1967.
- Szerelmesfilm, 1970.
- Budapest, amiert szeretem, 1971.
- Alom a hazrol, 1971.
- Duna--halak--madarak, 1971.
- Egy tukor, 1971.
- Leanyportre, 1971.
- Ter, 1971.
- Hajnal, 1971.
- Alkony, 1971.
- Tuzolto utca 25, 1974.
- Budapesti mesek, 1976.
- Varosterkep, 1977.
- Bizalom, 1979.
- Der Grune Vogel, 1979.
- (with Peter Dobai) Mephisto, 1981.
- (with Dobai) Redl Ezredes, 1985.
- (with Dobai, Paul Hengge, and Gottfried Reinhard) Hanussen, 1988.
- Osbemutato, 1974.