Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
James Newton Howard to Kevin Jarre
Bob James Biography (1939-)
Born December 25, 1939, in Marshall, MO. Addresses: Office--c/o IMG Artists, 22 East 71st St., New York, NY 10021.
- Birth Details
- December 25, 1939
- Marshall, Missouri, United States
Credits; TELEVISION WORK; SPECIALS
- Musical director, "An Enemy of the People," American Playhouse, PBS, 1990.
Credits; STAGE WORK
- Sound, Edward II (also see below), Harkness Theatre, 1975-76.
Credits; FILM WORK
- Musical director, Serpico, Paramount, 1973.
- (Arranger) Grover Washington, Jr., "Easy Living/Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do," CTI, 1973.
- (Arranger) "Night on Bald Mountain," CTI, 1974.
- (Arranger) Hubert Laws, "Scheherezade," CTI, 1977.
- With Earl Klugh, One on One, Columbia, 1980.
- With David Sanborn, Double Vision, Warner Brothers, 1986.
- With Klugh and others, Cool, Warner Brothers, 1992.
- Other albums include New Jazz Conceptions, Explosions, One, Two, Three, Four, Heads, Touchdown, All Around the Town, Foxie, Rameau, Twelve, and (withEarl Klugh) Two of a Kind.
- Videos include One-Night Stand: A Keyboard Event (with others).
Writings;TELEVISION MUSIC; SERIES
- Theme composer, "Angela," Taxi, ABC, 1978.
Writings;TELEVISION MUSIC; SPECIALS
- "An Enemy of the People," American Playhouse, PBS, 1990.
- "Hamlet," Great Performances, PBS, 1990.
- Pantagleize, Lyceum Theatre, New York City, 1967-68.
- Cock-a-Doodle Dandy, Lyceum Theatre, 1969.
- Various productions, San Diego National Shakespeare Festival, San Diego,CA, 1969.
- (And lyrics) Various productions, American Conservatory Theatre, San Francisco, CA, 1970-71.
- The Selling of the President, Shubert Theatre, New York City, 1972.
- Edward II, Harkness Theatre, 1975-76.
- The Tempest, Old Globe Theatre, San Diego, 1982.
- Emily, Old Globe Theatre, 1986.
- Hamlet, New York Shakespeare Festival, New York City, 1989.
- Hamlet, Old Globe Theatre, 1990-91.
- Daniel, Paramount, 1983.
Other articles you might like: