Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gary Kasper to Florence Klotz
Nicholas Kepros Biography (1932-)
Addresses: Agent: c/o Monty Silver, 200 W. 57th Street, New York, NY,10019.
SIDELIGHTS: Mr. Kepros speaks fluent Greek, French, and Italian. "I believe in musical training (especially learning an instrument) as a prerequisite to verse speaking."
- director, producer, writer
- Birth Details
- November 8, 1932
- Salt Lake, Utah
New York Debut
- Slave, The Golden Six, York, 1958.
- Lorenzo, The Merchant of Venice, Southwark Festival, 1958.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Julius Apocalypse, The Redemptor, Cricket, NY, 1959; John of Lancaster, Henry IV, Parts 1 and 2, Phoenix, NY, 1960; Osric, Hamlet, Phoenix, NY, 1961; Richard II, Richard II, Cleveland, 1962; Starveling, A Midsummer Night's Dream, 1963, Octavius Caesar, Antony and Cleopatra, 1963, Malcolm, Macbeth, 1964, Angelo, Measure forMeasure, 1964, Old Globe, San Diego; Arnolphe, School for Wives, 1965, Macbeth, Macbeth, 1965, McCarter, Princeton, NJ; Henry VI, Henry VI, NY Shakespeare Festival, 1970; Basho, Narrow Road to the Deep North, Charles, Boston, 1971; Hadrian, Hadrian VII, American Conservatory Theatre, Seattle, 1971; Schlink, In the Jungle of Cities, Charles, Boston, 1972; Prospero, The Tempest, McCarter, Princeton, 1974; Guthrie, Minneapolis: Don Armado, Love's Labours Lost, 1975, the Fool, King Lear, 1975, Joseph Surface, The School for Scandal, 1975, the Chaplain, Mother Courage, 1976, Angelo, Measure for Measure, 1976, Guthrie, Minneapolis; Mobius, The Physicists, McCarter, Princeton, 1977; Iago, Othello, Roundabout, NY, 1979; Basho, The Bundle, Yale Repertory, New Haven, 1979; Old Jew, The Irish Hebrew Lesson, NY, 1980; Emperor Joseph II and stand-by for Salieri, Amadeus, NY,1980-83.
- Hamlet, Hamlet, New York State Arts Council Tour by the Phoenix Theatre, 1961.
- Archbishop Coloredo, Amadeus, 1984.
- Funeral director, The Ultimate Solution of Grace Quigley, 1984.
The Russians: Self Impressions, 1963.
- Betrand Russell, Lamp unto My Feet, 1970; Joseph Surface, School for Scandal, 1974; Aaron Burr, The Trial of Aaron Burr, 1976; the Employer, Bartleby, the Scrivener, 1977.
- Make-up artist in Juilliard Opera department, 1960-64; taught voice and movement, Rutgers University, 1968; taught acting, University of Minnesota, 1974; taught at the Juilliard School, 1981-82.
- Co-translator with Françoise Kourilsky of Far from Harrisburg, produced at La Mama in 1980; published as Far from Hagondange in 1983. Article: "Understanding Make-up," The Theatre Crafts Book of Make-up,Masks, and Wigs, 1974.
Other articles you might like: