Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Michael Denison to Carol L. Dudley
Carmen Du Sautoy Biography (1950-)
Born February 26, 1950, in London, England; daughter of Arthur John and Viola(Stocker) Du Sautoy; married Charles Savage (a director). Addresses:AGENT--c/o Duncan Heath, Studio One, 57 Redcliffe Road, London SW10, England.
Favorite roles: Mrs. Fainall in The Way of the World; Lucy Lockit in The Beggar's Opera.
- Birth Details
- February 26, 1950
- London, England
- STAGE DEBUT--The Lover, University Theatre, Venice, Italy, 1968.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Prossy, Candida, English Theatre, Vienna, Austria, 1974.
- Marie, The Trial of Marie Stopes, Miss Macdonald, Cages, both Bubble Theatre Company, London, 1975.
- Miss Leighton, Once in a Lifetime, Piccadilly Theatre, London, 1980.
- Also appeared in numerous productions including The Beggar's Opera, Twelfth Night, Under Milk Wood, The Lunatic, The Secret Sportsman, The Woman NextDoor, and Puss in Boots with the Nottingham Playhouse, Nottingham, U.K., Leeds Playhouse, Leeds, U.K., Oxford Playhouse, Oxford, U.K., Crewe Playhouse, Crewe, U.K., and with the Portable Theatre Company.
Credits; WITH THE ROYAL SHAKESPEARE COMPANY
- Courtesan, The Comedy of Errors, Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-on-Avon, U.K., 1976, then Aldwych Theatre, London, and Newcastle, Scotland, U.K., 1977.
- Cassandra, Troilus and Cressida, Royal Shakespeare Theatre, then AldwychTheatre, later Newcastle, all 1977.
- Hippolyta, faerie, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Royal Shakespeare Theatre,then Aldwych Theatre, both 1977.
- Mrs. Lynge, Pillars of the Community, Mrs. Fainall, The Way of the World,both Aldwych Theatre, 1978.
- Ceres, The Tempest, Royal Shakespeare Theatre, 1978.
- Lady Cummings, Captain Swing, Other Place Theatre, Stratford-on- Avon, 1978.
- Madeleine, Piaf, Other Place Theatre, 1978, then Aldwych Theatre, 1979, later Warehouse Theatre, London, 1979.
- Princess of France, Love's Labour's Lost, Other Place Theatre, then Aldwych Theatre, both 1979.
- Elena, Children of the Sun, Aldwych Theatre, 1979.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- The Man with the Golden Gun, United Artists, 1974.
- Also appeared in Our Miss Fred.
- PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MINI-SERIES Frances Lawrence, "The Citadel," Masterpiece Theatre, PBS, 1983.
- Julie Blane, "Lost Empire," Masterpiece Theatre, PBS, 1987.