Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Klaus Badelt to Christophe Beck
Ian Bannen Biography (1928-)
Born June 29, 1928, in Airdrie, Scotland; son of John James and Clare (Galloway) Bannen; married Marilyn Salisbury, 1978. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Jean Diamond, London Management, 235-241 Regent Street, London W1, England.
- Birth Details
- June 29, 1928
- Airdrie, Scotland
- FILM DEBUT--Bannister, Battle Hell, 1956.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Pvt. Horrock, Private's Progress, Charter, 1956.
- Vince, Rotten to the Core, Cinema V, 1956.
- Filippo Gozzi, Miracle in Soho, Rank, 1957.
- workman, The Third Key, Rank, 1957.
- Alan Crabtree, Behind the Mask, GW Films, 1958.
- Gabelle, A Tale of Two Cities, Rank, 1958.
- Colin Crane, The French Mistress, British Lion, 1960.
- Alan Andrews, The Risk, Kingsley International, 1961.
- Peter Howard, She Didn't Say No!, Warner Brothers, 1962.
- Kitson, The World in My Pocket, Corona, 1962.
- Paul, Psyche 59, Columbia, 1964.
- Fletcher, Station Six--Sahara, Allied Artists, 1964.
- Crow, The Flight of the Phoenix, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1965.
- Sgt. Charlie Harris, The Hill, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), 1965.
- Robert, Mister Moses, United Artists, 1965.
- James B. Elcott, Penelope, MGM, 1966.
- Alan, The Sailor from Gibraltar, Lopert, 1967.
- Ramble, Lock Up Your Daughters, Columbia, 1969.
- Pvt. Thornton, Too Late the Hero (also known as Suicide Run), Cinerama, 1970.
- Crawford, The Deserter, Paramount, 1971.
- Brian, Fright (also known as Night Legs), Allied Artists, 1971.
- Baxter, The Offence (also known as Something Like the Truth), United Artists, 1973.
- Slade, The Mackintosh Man, Warner Brothers, 1973.
- Christopher Lowe, From Beyond the Grave (also known as The Creatures andThe Creatures from Beyond the Grave), Warner Brothers, 1974.
- Antonio Braggi, The Voyage, Champion, 1974.
- Richard, The Driver's Seat, AVCO-Embassy, 1975.
- Norfolk, Bite the Bullet, Columbia, 1975.
- Baker, Sweeney, EMI, 1977.
- John Keller, The Watcher in the Woods, Buena Vista, 1980.
- Col. Buckner, Counterfeit Commandos, Aquarius, 1981.
- Godliman, The Eye of the Needle, United Artists, 1981.
- Josef Keller, Night Crossing, Buena Vista, 1982.
- senior police officer, Gandhi, Columbia, 1982.
- Iamskoy, Gorky Park, Orion, 1983.
- Also appeared in Doomwatch, Tigon, 1972; Hope and Glory, Columbia, 1987;and Carlton-Browne of the F.O., 1958; Darkness into Darkness, 1977; Prodigal,1984; Lamb, Defense of the Realm, Attack on the Pope, all 1985.
- STAGE DEBUT--Emperor's son, Armlet of Jade, Gate Theatre, Dublin, Ireland, 1947.
- LONDON DEBUT--Captain Rickman, Prisoners of War, Irving Theatre, 1955.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Customer, mayor, Robinson, Arts Theatre, Cambridge, U.K., 1954.
- Marco, A View from the Bridge, Comedy Theatre, London, 1956.
- title role, The Waiting of Lester Abbs, Royal Court Theatre, London, 1957.
- Hickey, The Iceman Cometh, Arts Theatre, then Winter Garden Theatre, bothLondon, 1958.
- Jamie, Long Day's Journey into Night, Lyceum Theatre, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., later Globe Theatre, London, both 1958.
- Musgrave, Sergeant Musgrave's Dance, Royal Court Theatre, 1959.
- Julian Berniers, Toys in the Attic, Piccadilly Theatre, London, 1960.
- title role, Hamlet, Mercutio, Romeo and Juliet, Iago, Othello, all Memorial Theatre, Stratford-on-Avon, U.K., 1961.
- Orlando, As You Like It, Memorial Theatre, 1961, then Aldwych Theatre, London, 1962.
- Morris Pieterson, The Blood Knot, New Arts Theatre, London, 1963.
- Brutus, Julius Caesar, Royal Court Theatre, 1964.
- Brig Brown, The Brass Hat, Arnaud Theatre, Guildford, U.K., 1972.
- Judge Brack, Hedda Gabler, Duke of York's Theatre, London, then EdinburghFestival, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K., 1977.
- Jamie Tyrone, A Moon for the Misbegotten, American Repertory Theatre, Cambridge, MA, 1983, then Cort Theatre, New York City, 1984.
- Also appeared in Translations, National Theatre, London, 1981; as Cornelius Melody, A Touch of the Poet, Dublin, Ireland, then Venice, Italy, both 1962; Jamie Tyrone, A Moon for the Misbegotten, London, 1983. Performed with theMemorial Theatre Company, Stratford-on- Avon, U.K., 1951-55.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Dick Dudgeon, The Devil's Disciple, U.K. cities, 1965.
- with the Memorial Theatre Company, Australian and New Zealand cities, 1955.
- PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; MINI-SERIES Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
- Rev. St. John Rivers, Jane Eyre, NBC, 1970.
- Amos, Jesus of Nazareth, NBC.
- Macduff, Macbeth, NBC, 1960.
- Dr. Jack Richardson, Johnny Belinda, ABC, 1967.
- Adolph Hitler, "The Gathering Storm," Hallmark Hall of Fame, NBC, 1974.
- Frank Dean, Terror from Within, ABC, 1975.
- Also appeared in Death in Deep Water, ABC, 1975.
Other articles you might like: