Jay Livingston Biography (1915-)
Addresses: Office: c/o ASCAP, One Lincoln Plaza, New York, NY, 10023.
- composer, lyricist
- Birth Details
- March 28, 1915
- McDonald, Pennsylvania
- rehearsal pianist and contributor of songs for Olsen & Johnson'sHellzapoppin';, 46th Street, NY, 1938.
- Principal Stage Work Songwriter
- Sons o' Fun, Winter Garden, 1941; I Love Lydia, PlayersRing, Hollywood, CA, 1952; Oh Captain (music and lyrics with Ray Evans), Alvin, NY, 1958, Let It Ride, Eugene O' Neill, 1961; SugarBabies (two songs), Mark Hellinger, NY 1979.
- Principal Film Work, Songwriter
- Swing Hostess, 1944; I Accuse My Parents, 1944; Why Girls Leave Home, 1944; Crime, Inc., 1945; Stork Club, 1945; Kitty, 1945; To Each His Own, 1946; Monsieur Beaucaire, 1946; Imperfect Lady, 1947; My Favorite Brunette, 1947; GoldenEarrings, 1947; Isn't It Romantic, 1948; The Paleface,1948; Streets of Laredo, 1949; Sorrowful Jones, 1949; Songof Surrender, 1949; My Friend Irma, 1949; The Great Lover,1949; Samson and Delilah, 1949; Copper Canyon, 1950; Paid inFull, 1950; Captain Carey, U.S.A., 1950; Fancy Pants, 1950; My Friend Irma Goes West, 1950; The Furies, 1950; The Lemon Drop Kid, 1951; The Mating Season, 1951; The Cowboy and the Redhead, 1951; Ace in the Hole, 1951; Here Comes the Groom,1951; Aaron Slick from Pumpkin Crick, 1951; A Place in the Sun,1951; Crosswinds, 1951; When Worlds Collide, 1951; My Favorite Spy, 1951; Rhubarb, 1951; That's My Boy, 1951;
- Anything Could Happen, 1952; Somebody Loves Me, 1952; Son of Paleface, 1952; The Great Houdini, 1952; What Price Glory, 1952; Thunder in the East, 1953; Off Limits, 1953; Sangaree, 1953; Here Come the Girls, 1953; The Stars Are Singing, 1953; Three Ring Circus, 1954; Red Garters, 1954; Casanova's Big Night, 1954; Lucy Gallant, 1955; Second Greatest Sex, 1955; The Scarlet Hour, 1956; The Man Who Knew Too Much,1956; Istanbul, 1957; Tammy and the Bachelor, 1957; The James Dean Story, 1957; Raw Wind in Eden, 1958; The Big Beat,1958; Saddle the Wind, 1958; This Happy Feeling, 1958; Another Time, Another Place, 1958; Once Upon a Horse, 1958; Houseboat, 1958; Vertigo, 1959; Take a Giant Step, 1959; A Private's Affair, 1959; All Hands on Deck, 1961.
- Principal Television Work, Songwriter
- Satins and Spurs, 1957; theme song--Bonanza, Mister Ed, To Romewith Love.