Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Patrick Renna to Christy Carlson Romano
Frederick Rolf Biography (1926-)
Born August 14, 1926, in Berlin, Germany; son of Theodor (a physician) and Ilse (Kadisch) Friedrichs; married Roni Dengal (an actress and writer), October3, 1971. Addresses: HOME--177 Midland Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042.
- Birth Details
- August 14, 1926
- Berlin, Germany
- STAGE DEBUT--Captain Frederick de Foenix, Trelawny of the Wells, Grand Theatre, Halifax, England, 1946.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Inquisitor, Saint Joan, Cort, 1951.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Arago, The Strong Are Lonely, Broadhurst, NY, 1953.
- First Citizen, Coriolanus, Phoenix, NY, 1954.
- Laomedon and Memnon, The Immortal Husband, Theatre de Lys, NY, 1955.
- Will Shakespeare, The Dark Lady of the Sonnets, Cherry Lane, NY, 1956.
- Pedant, The Taming of the Shrew, American Shakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT, 1956.
- Theophilus, Time Remembered, Morosco, NY, 1957.
- Count, The Smokeweaver's Daughter, Fourth Street Theatre, NY, 1959.
- Judas, Between Two Thieves, York, NY, 1960.
- Gaev, The Cherry Orchard, IASTA, 1960.
- Nicola, The Burnt Flower Bed, Westport Country Playhouse, CT, 1960.
- Judge Brack, Hedda Gabler, Fourth Street Theatre, NY, 1960.
- The Doctor, Raffarad, and Dugommier, The Egg, Cort, NY, 1962.
- Uncle Vanya, Uncle Vanya, Charles Playhouse, Boston, MA, 1962.
- Duncan, The Day the Whores Came Out to Play Tennis, Actors' Studio, NY, 1964.
- Dr. Edward Teller, In the Matter of J. Robert Oppenheimer, Vivian Beaumont, NY, 1969.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Rosencrantz, Hamlet, Seyton, Macbeth, Margaret Webster touring company, 1948-49.
- Caesar, Julius Caesar, Gremio, The Taming of the Shrew, 1949-50.
- Man from Bellac, The Apollo of Bellac, 1950.
- Scenes from Great Plays, 1950.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- Titus Andronicus, Joseph Papp's Shakespeare Workshop, NY, 1956.
- The Corn Is Green, Masters Institute, 1961.
- The Vegetable, Masters Institute, 1963.
- The Deadly Game, Playhouse on the Mall, Paramus, NJ, 1964.
- Hogan's Goat, American Place, NY, 1965.
- The Bird, the Bear and the Actress, Eugene O'Neill Foundation, Waterford,CT, 1966.
- Fidelio, Aida, both Atlanta, GA, 1967.
- In Search of Dylan, Richmond, VA, 1969.
- Hamlet, Bucks County Playhouse, PA, 1970.
- The Great Waltz, Atlanta, GA, 1971.
- Lake of the Woods, American Place, 1971.
- Die Walkuere, St. Paul, MN, 1973.
- Engagement in San Domingo, St. Paul, MN, 1974.
- Six Characters in Search of an Author, Juilliard Drama School, NY, 1975.
- The Grinding Machine, American Place, 1978.
- Charades, Wonderhorse, NY, 1979.
- Castles, Westport Country Playhouse, CT, 1981.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Daniel, 1983.
- Witness, 1985.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- King Priam, "The Iliad," Omnibus, CBS, 1955.
- Richard, "Darkness at Noon," Producers Showcase, NBC, 1955.
- Senator James Mason, "The Constitution," Omnibus, CBS, 1956.
- Iago, "A Double Life," Alcoa Hour, NBC, 1957.
- Frederick the Great, "The Craft of Kings," Camera Three, CBS, 1957.
- Dr. Joseph Breuer, "The Wound Within," U.S. Steel Hour, CBS, 1958.
- Adolf Eichmann, "The Adolf Eichmann Story," Armstrong Circle Theatre, CBS, 1960.
- Judas, "The Death of Judas," Directions '62, ABC, 1962.
- PLAYS,PUBLISHED English adaptation of Schiller's drama Love and Intrigue,1962.
Other articles you might like: