Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Nicholas Selby to Marc Singer
Scott Shukat Biography (1937-)
Born Sanford A. Shukat, March 9, 1937, in Brooklyn, NY; son of Harvy (in sales) and Florence (in sales; maiden name, Halpern) Shukat; married Evelyn Monroe (a doctor), March 21, 1982; children: Jonathan Max. Addresses: OFFICE--Shukat Company Ltd., 340 W. 55th Street, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- March 9, 1937
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Assistant agent, William Morris Agency, New York City, handling budgets for such New York City-based television shows as Jimmy Dean Show, ABC, Sammy Davis, Jr. Show, NBC, Mitch Miller Show, CBS, and The Doctors, ABC, all 1964-66.
- agent, William Morris Agency, handling recording contracts, artists, motion picture music, and music publishing, 1966-72.
- founder, Shukat Company, Ltd., a literary, personal management, and musicpublishing business which has developed such projects as: Free to Be ... Youand Me (written by clients Stephen Lawrence and Carol Hall) for ABC television, Bell Records (now Arista Records), and published as a book.
- co-publisher of score to The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (written byclient Carol Hall).
- produced (with clients Carol and Bruce Hart) Sooner or Later forABC television, CBS records, and published by Avon who also published its sequel, Waiting Games. Listed among clients are composer and lyricist Alan Menken (LittleShop of Horrors), writer and producer Sherry Cober (creator of Kate and Allie), author Jane Waterhouse (Playing for Keeps), and record producer John Simon (The Band by the Band, Jackrabbit Slim by Steve Forbert), as well as the composers Lee Pockriss, Skip Kenon, David Spencer, Isaiah Sheffer, and Anne Croswell, writer and lyricist David Axelrod, directors Robert Nigro and Bob Billig, and choreographers D.J. Giagni and Edie Cowan.
Credits; PRINCIPAL CABARET APPEARANCES
- Playboy Club, Chicago.
- Jilly's, New York City.
Other articles you might like: