Buzz Miller Biography (1923-)
Addresses: Home: 8 W. Ninth Street, New York, NY, 10011; Office: The American Dance Machine, 115½ E. 61st Street, New York, NY, 10021.
In Mr. Miller's distinguished career he had the honor of being a soloistat the Inauguration of Presidents Kennedy and Johnson. He has also devoted much time and energy to teaching and passing on a tradition in dance to young students.
- choreographer, dancer, teacher
- Birth Details
- December 23, 1923
- Snowflake, Arizona
- Principal Stage Appearances
- Dancer--Magdalena, Ziegfeld, NY, 1948; Pal Joey, NY, 1951;Two's Company, NY, 1952; Me and Juliet, NY, 1953; PajamaGame, NY, 1954; Anything Goes, NY, 1955; Bells Are Ringing, NY, 1957; Redhead, NY, 1959; Hot Spot, NY, 1963; Funny Girl, NY, 1964-66.
- Principal Film Appearances.
- Dancer--On the Riviera, 1951; No Business Like Show Business, 1954; Anything Goes, 1955; Pajama Game, 1956; Justine, 1968;
- Principal Television Appearances, Dancer
- All About Music, 1957; The Big Record, 1958; Arthur Godfrey Special, 1959; Saul and the Witch of Endor (Ballet), 1959; Ernie Kovacs Special, 1960; Home for the Holidays, 1961; The Broadway of Lerner and Loewe, 1961; Brief Dynasty, 1962; Music for the Young, 1962; Arias and Arabesques, 1962; Psalms, 1963; Arts--USA, 1965; Bell Telephone Hour, 1965; Jephtha'sDaughter, 1966; Lincoln Center--Stage 5, 1967; Gunther SchullerSpecial, 1968. Camera 3, 1968; Portrait of Billie, 1970; The Dick Cavett Show, 1980; The Merv Griffin Show, 1980.
- Principal Stage Appearances, Ballets and Dance Companies
- Jack Cole Dancers (touring) 1949-51; Arabian Nights, 1955; Balletsde Paris, La Chambre, 1955; The Unicorn, The Gorgon and the Manticore, 1957; Festival of Two Worlds, Spoleto Festival, Italy, 1958; Schola Cantorum of New York, Carnegie Hall, NY, 1960; Roland Petit Ballet, London, England, 1960; Bartok Concerto, Catulli Carmina, Caramoor Festival, 1964; The Captive Lark, 1966; Chu Chem, 1966; Charmen deLavallade Company, 1968; Banda, Israel Festival, 1968; Songs ofCatullus, Lincoln Center, NY, 1969; Dracula, 1969; Guest Artist,American Dance Machine, 1979-80.
- Principal Choreography
- (Assistant) Oldsmobile Announcement Show, TV, 1956; Ionization, Savero Company, Detroit Symphony Orchestra, 1961; Postures, for TV program Look Up and Live, 1961; (Assistant) Bravo Giovanni; Moondreamers, La Mama E.T.C., NY, 1968; Patterns, Zina Bethune Company,1971; Aida, State Opera, Berlin, Germany, 1972; Credo, National Council of Churches, 1972; Conversations about the Dance, Hunter College, 1975; (Co-choreographed) National Academy Ballet; Kew Drive, City College of New York, 1978; Satin Doll, American Dance Machine, 1978;Kew Drive, Les Ballets Jazz de Montreal, 1979; Steam Heat, American Dance Machine, 1979; Me And My Shadow, Leonard Davis School of the Performing Arts at City College of New York, 1981.
- Theatre-Related Career
- Associate Director to Julie Bovasso at La Mama E.T.C., NY, 1970, 1975; Teacher: George Balanchine's School of American Ballet, The National Academy of Dance, Champaign, IL, American Dance Machine, University of Illinois atUrbana (Guest), Staten Dansskola, Stockholm, Harkness School of Ballet, CityCollege of New York, American University, Washington, DC (Guest), ConnecticutCollege (Guest), Jack Garfein's Actors and Directors Lab, NY; Teacher: Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Cambridge School of Ballet, Master Classes, Southern Methodist University.