Sheldon Epps Biography (1952-)
Born November 15, 1952, in Los Angeles, CA; son of St. Paul (a Presbyterian minister) and Kathryn (a teacher; maiden name, Gilliam) Epps.
CTFT learned from Sheldon Epps's agent that he began his career asan actor appearing in theatres in New York and across the country, includingthe Brooklyn Academy of Music's Theatre Company, Indiana Repertory Company, Alley Theatre, Houston, TX, Civic Light Opera of Pittsburgh and the Production Company in New York.
- Birth Details
- November 15, 1952
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Stage Director
- Scenes and Revelations, Circle in the Square, New York City, 1981
- Blues in the Night, Rialto Theatre, New York City, 1982
- Dark of the Moon, Asolo State Theatre, Sarasota, FL, 1983
- Play On!, Old Globe Theater, San Diego, CA, then Brooks Atkinson Theater, New York City, 1997
- Also directed Disgustingly Rich, the Production Company, New YorkCity; Incandescent Tones, the Production Company; A Midsummer Night's Dream, the Production Company; And I Ain't Finished Yet, Manhattan Theatre Club; Bravo: A Musical Portrait of Edith Piaf, Mayfair Theatre, Los Angeles, then Apollo Theatre Center, Chicago, IL; Bringin the Morning, Variety Arts Theatre; TheOld Settler; My RickeyCalls a Meeting; Blues in the Night, Broadway and London productions.
- Major Tours
- Directed Broadway Rhythm and The Best of Broadway, international tours as part of the "I Love New York," commercial campaign; Blues in the Night, national tour.
- Television Work
- Stage director and concept originator, Play On!, 2000
- Television Director
- Evening Shade, CBS, 1993
- Sister, Sister, The WB, 1996-98
- Frasier, NBC, 1997-99
- In the House, UPN, 1997
- Smart Guy, The WB, 1997
- Encore! Encore!, NBC, 1998
- Getting Personal, Fox, 1998
- Reunited, UPN, 1998
- Grown Ups, ABC, 1999
- The Jamie Foxx Show, The WB, 1999
- Stark Raving Mad, NBC, 1999
- Also directed episodes of Veronica's Closet, NBC.
- American Theatre, December, 1999, p. 63.