Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brock Peters to Jonathan Prince
Bob Phillips Biography (1953-)
Full name, Robert Thomas Phillips, Jr.; born December 3, 1953, in Worcester,MA; son of Robert Thomas (a firefighter) and Norma Anne (Lawless) Phillips. Addresses: HOME--201 E. Tenth Street, New York, NY 10003. AGENT--John Giroux, 575 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022.
- Birth Details
- December 3, 1953
- Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Credits; FIRST STAGE WORK
- Scene designer, Jumpcrow, Lenox Arts Center, Lenox, MA, 1972.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; SCENIC DESIGNER
- Journey's End, Classic Theatre, 1980.
- Knitters in the Sun, Theatre de Lys, 1980.
- Mecca, Quaigh Theatre, 1980.
- Naomi Court, Players Theatre, 1980.
- Hughie and The Stronger, Harold Clurman Theatre, 1982.
- The Two Character Play, Open Space Theatre, 1982.
- Confluence, Circle Repertory Theatre, 1982.
- It's Only a Play, Manhattan Punchline Theatre, 1982.
- Knight of the Burning Pestle, Classic Theatre, 1983.
- The Beautiful LaSalles, Wonderhorse Theatre, 1984.
- Sacraments, Harold Clurman Theatre, 1984.
- Robin and Marion and City of Women, both Mannes Camerata Theatre, 1985.
- Manoa Valley, Pan Asian Repertory Theatre, 1985.
- Jack and Jill, Riverwest Theatre, 1985.
- Gertrude Stein and a Companion, Lucille Lortel Theatre, 1986.
- Spanish Tragedy, Riverside Shakespeare Theatre, 1986.
- Kobo Abe, St. Clements Church Theatre, 1986.
- Big Time, Lambs Theatre, 1986.
- Theatre by the Sea, Portsmouth, NH, 1976--.
- School for Wives, George Street Playhouse, New Brunswick, NJ, 1978.
- American Shaw Festival, Mt. Gretna, PA, 1981--.
- Ashes, Studio Arena Theatre, Buffalo, NY, 1980.
- Talley's Folly, Barter Theatre, Abingdon, VA, 1981.
- Frankenstein, Post Opera Theatre, 1982.
- To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday, Summerfest Theatre, 1986.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Scenic designer, National Shakespeare Company, national, 1980-81, 1983-84.
- Scenic designer, The Bon Voyage, East Coast Ocean Tour, 1980.
- Scenic designer, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf, national, 1980.
- Scenic designer, Viaduct, New Jersey and Pennsylvania cities and New YorkCity, 1981.
- Scenic designer, with the South Street Repertory Company, Austrian and Swedish cities, 1982.
- Scenic designer, with the National Opera Institute, New York City and Washington DC, 1983.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; SCENIC DESIGNER
- Soap Opera Review, 1981.
- My Piece of the Pie, A Media Fable, New York City, 1984.
- Another World, NBC, 1981-86.
- Video Hits One, cable, 1986.
- Gertrude Stein and a Companion, New York City, 1986.
Other articles you might like: