Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Johnny Brandon to Ric Burns
Ivar Brogger Biography (1947-)
First name is pronounced "EE-var"; born January 10, 1947, in St. Paul, MN; son of Arne W. (an attorney) and Helga (a librarian; maiden name, Bjornson) Brogger. Addresses: AGENT--c/o Writers and Artists Agency, 162 W. 56th Street, New York, NY 10019.
- Birth Details
- January 10, 1947
- St. Paul, Minnesota
- OFF-BROADWAY DEBUT--Salvation Army preacher, In the Jungle of Cities, Colonnades Theatre, 1979.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Caithness, nobleman, and murderer, Macbeth, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, 1981.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Marlow, She Stoops to Conquer, Syracuse Stage, Syracuse, NY, 1978.
- Hank, A History of the American Film, Alliance Theatre, Atlanta, GA, 1980.
- Semmelweiss, Hartman Theatre, Stamford, CT, 1981.
- Hildy Johnson, The Front Page, Playmakers Repertory Company, Chapel Hill,NC, 1981.
- Scott and Claudius, Magic Time, Actors and Directors Theatre, New York City, 1981.
- Clive and Edward, Cloud 9, Lucille Lortel Theatre, New York City, 1982.
- Philinte, The Misanthrope, Hartford Stage Company, Hartford, CT, 1983.
- Cusins, Major Barbara, Yale Repertory Theatre, New Haven, CT, 1983.
- Rivers and Bourchier, Richard III, New York Shakespeare Festival, Delacorte Theatre, New York City, 1983.
- Bluntschli, Arms and the Man, Syracuse Stage, 1984.
- title role, Clarence, Syracuse Stage, 1984, then Theatre at St.
- Peter's Church, New York City, 1985.
- Ben, Seascape with Sharks and Dancer, Hudson Guild Theatre, New York City, 1985.
- Austin Lowe, The Second Man, Hudson Guild Theatre, 1986.
- sarcastic bystander, Pygmalion, Plymouth Theatre, New York City, 1987.
- Also appeared in The Magistrate, Hartman Theatre, 1982; Major Barbara, Alaska Repertory Theatre, Fairbanks, AK, 1983; The Madwoman of Chaillot, Theatre at St. Peter's Church, 1985; as Pat Garret, The Collected Works of Billy the Kid, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn, New York; Joe, Animal Kingdom, and Rodrigo, Othello, both Hartman Theatre; Valentine, You Never Can Tell, Harold, Father's Day, and Dennis, Loot, all Public Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA; Snake, School for Scandal, Longaville, Love's Labour's Lost, postmaster, The Inspector General, elder, Oedipus the King, Reverend Paris, The Crucible, young monk, Beckett, Jerry Devine, Juno and the Paycock, and Lysander, A Midsummer Night's Dream, all Tyrone Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis, MN.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Goonery NRC man, C.H.U.D., New World, 1984.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- General Hospital, ABC.
- Officer Kraus, Mom's on Strike, 1984.
Other articles you might like: