Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Louisa Burns-Bisogno to Jason Carter
Jeremy O. Caplin Biography (1955-)
Born March 17, 1955, in Charlottesville, VA; son of Mortimer Maxwell (an attorney) and Ruth (a psychologist; maiden name, Sacks) Caplin.
Favorite roles: Matt in Talley's Folly, Harold Hall in The Music Man, and thefirst gravedigger in Hamlet.
- Birth Details
- March 17, 1955
- Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Thomas, The Philadelphia Story, Heritage Repertory Theatre,Charlottesville, VA, June, 1976, for twenty-four performances.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Agent, Studio Head, Photographer (understudy), Marilyn: An American Fable, Minksoff Theatre, November, 1983.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Tevya, Fiddler on the Roof and Little John, Robin Hood, bothCPCC Summer Theatre, 1978.
- Dr. Watson, Sherlock Holmes, Antipholus of Syracuse, The Comedy of Errors, and Bogart, Play It Again, Sam, all Lake Erie Repertory Theatre, 1979.
- Gravedigger and Marcellus, Hamlet and Starveling, Snout,A Midsummer Night's Dream, both National Shakespeare Company, 1980.
- Gonzalo, The Tempest and Cobbler, Cinna, and Lucilius, Julius Caesar, both Virginia Shakespeare Festival, 1981.
- Dangerfield, The Ginger Man, seven roles, The Good Doctor, Leslie Lizard,Seascape, and Colm Primrose, Sea Marks, all for Florida State Theatre, 1981.
- Alfred P. Doolittle, My Fair Lady, Haymarket Dinner Theatre, 1982.
- Matt Friedman, Talley's Folly and Jerry, Betrayal, both Florida Studio Theatre, 1982.
- Harold Hill, The Music Man, Swift Creek Mill Playhouse, Richmond, VA, 1983.
- Van Helsing, Dracula, Charlie Martin, On Golden Pond, Dr. Carelli, BlackCoffee, and Felix, The Owl and the Pussycat, all at the Wayside Theatre, 1983.
- Horner, The Country Wife, Sweet Briar College, VA, 1983.
- Don, American Buffalo, Paul, Absent Friends, Miguel, El Grande de Coca Cola, and Phillip Carter, Relatively Speaking, all at the Florida State Theatre, 1984.
- Santa Anna, The Lone Star and the Judge, Hello, Dolly!, both M.M.
- Northern Amphitheatre, 1985.
- bailiff, Frediani, and riot cop, Execution of Justice, Virginia Theatre,NY, 1986.
Other articles you might like: