Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Nicholas Selby to Marc Singer
Steve Shagan Biography (1927-)
Surname rhymes with "pagan"; full name, Stephen H. Shagan; born October 25, 1927, in New York, NY; son of Barney (a pharmacy owner) and Rachel (Rosenzweig) Shagan; married Elizabeth Leslie Florance (a fashion model), November 18, 1956; children: Robert William. Addresses: OFFICE--c/o Batjac Productions, 9570 Wilshire Boulevard, No. 400, Beverly Hills, CA 90212. AGENT--(Literary) c/o Morton Janklow, William Morris Agency, 151 El Camino Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212; (screenplays) c/o Ron Mardigian, William Morris Agency, 151 El Camino Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212.
Steve Shagan's novel The Formula has been translated into French, Italian, Portugese, Chinese, German, Japanese, and Serbo-Croatian.
- Birth Details
- October 25, 1927
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Producer, Save the Tiger, Paramount, 1972.
- producer, The Formula, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1980.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK; EPISODIC
- River of Mystery, Spanish Portrait, Sole Survivor, A Step Out of Line, 1968-70.
- Producer, Tarzan, 1966.
- Save the Tiger, Paramount, 1972.
- City of Angels (also known as Hustle), Paramount, 1975.
- Voyage of the Damned, AVCO-Embassy, 1977.
- The Formula, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/United Artists, 1980.
- River of Mystery.
- Spanish Portrait.
- Sole Survivor.
- A Step Out of Line.
- Save the Tiger, Dial Press, 1972.
- City of Angels, Putnam, 1975.
- The Formula, William Morrow, 1979.
- The Circle, William Morrow, 1982.
- The Discovery, William Morrow, 1984.
- Vendetta, William Morrow, 1986.
Other articles you might like: