Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Wes Anderson to Sarah Badel
Barbara Atkinson Biography (1926-)
Born January 8, 1926, in Manchester, England; daughter of Charles Stuart andDorothy Carol (Lyons) Atkinson. Addresses: AGENT--Roger Storey, 71 Westbury Road, London N12 7PB, England.
- Birth Details
- January 8, 1926
- Manchester, England
- STAGE DEBUT--Mr. Fox, Toad of Toad Hall, Birmingham Repertory, 1945.
- LONDON DEBUT--Mary Williams, Serious Charge, Garrick Theatre, 1955.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Appeared in repertory at Swindon, Wigan, Wednesbury, Oxford, Birmingham,Nottingham.
- Fanny, Annie and Fannie, Octagon Theatre, Bolton, England, 1967.
- Mincing, The Way of the World, National Theatre Company, London, 1969-70.
- Mrs. Higgins, Pygmalion, and Tonight at 8:30, Birmingham Repertory, thenat the Ravinia Festival, Chicago, IL, 1970.
- Gertrude, Hamlet, Leeds Playhouse, UK, 1971.
- Honorable Margaret Wyndham, Crown Matrimonial, Theatre Royal, then Haymarket Theatre, London, 1972.
- played repertory at Sheffield, Watford, and Leeds, 1975-77, including TheWedding Feast, 1977 and Mrs. Malaprop, The Rivals.
- Lady Markby, An Ideal Husband, Greenwich Theatre, London, 1978.
- Eve, Molly, Comedy, Theatre, London, 1978.
- performed at Birmingham, Colchester, Coventry, and Watford, 1980.
- guest performer at Guildford, 1980.
- at the Savoy Theatre, London, 1981.
- in Newcastle, Leeds, and Ipswich, 1982-84.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Emergency Ward 10.
- Secret Orchards.
- Prince Regent.
- Cyrano de Bergerac.
- Tender Is the Night.
Credits; PRINCIPAL RADIO WORK
- Numerous BBC dramatic presentations.
Other articles you might like: