Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Gary Kasper to Florence Klotz
James R Kirkland, III Biography (1947-)
Addresses: Home: Ten Old Road, South Amboy, NJ, 08879.
"As the electronics technology becomes more and more sophisticated, I am troubled by a recurring dream of taking my son to a 'specialized museum'to view a live theatre performance. Trying to explain to him just what I didall my life as he watches the robots perform a scene from some famous play written back in the eighties. How do we keep the theatre from slipping away into oblivion?"
- director, producer, actor, writer
- Birth Details
- February 8, 1947
- Burlington, Iowa
First Stage Work, Actor
- Sakini. Teahouse of the August Moon, Festival Theatre, El Paso, TX, 1964.
New York Debut
- Sasha, Our Father, Manhattan Theatre Club, 1974.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Malcolm, Macbeth, Festival, El Paso, TX; Laertes, Hamlet, Festival, El Paso; Flavius/Titinius, Julius Caesar, Claudio, Much Ado About Nothing, Sebastian, Twelfth Night, Lenny, The Homecoming, Young Man, Summertree, Charlie, Purlie, Ben Franklin, The Common Glory, Williamsburg, VA.
Principal Stage Work, Director
Saint Joan, Virginia Museum Theatre; Hamlet, Virginia Museum Theatre; Riverwind, Barter, Abingdon, VA; A Christmas Carol,Arizona Theatre Company, Virginia Museum Theatre, Wayside Theatre, Lakewood,Theatre; Merton of the Movies, Arkansas Repertory; Tobacco Road, Virginia Museum Theatre; The Caretaker, Virginia Museum Theatre; Side by Side by Sondheim, Wayside Theatre, Middletown, VA; Harvey,Wayside Theatre; Talley's Folly, Lakewood Theatre Company; TheWinslow Boy, Asolo State Theatre, FL; The Elephant Man, LakewoodTheatre Company; The Crucible, Virginia Museum Theatre; Hamlet,Wayside Theatre; The Brigadier, Actors Alliance (reading), NY; TheMiracle Worker, Opera House, Charleston, WV; Bye Bye Broadway, Worcester Foothills Theatre, MA; Charley's Aunt, Wayside Theatre; South Pacific, Lakewood Theatre Company; The Mousetrap, VirginiaMuseum Theatre.
Principal Stage Work, Producer
Round and Round the Garden, Vanities, Ring Round the Moon, Volpone, Bells Are Ringing, Side by Side by Sondheim, Angel Street, A Streetcar Named Desire, Harvey, Hamlet, Ghost Stories of the Civil War, Shakes & Company, Wayside Theatre, Middletown, VA; The Old One Two, Scenes from Shakespeare, Commedia del 'Arte, Virginia Museum Theatre; Talley's Folly, Chapter Two, Of Mice and Men, The Gin Game, Deathtrap, Tintypes, Chicago, The Elephant Man, Lakewood Theatre Company.
- Associate artistic director, Virginia Museum Theatre. 1970-77; producing/artistic director, Wayside Theatre, Middletown, VA, 1978-80; producing director, Lakewood Theatre Company (State Theatre of Maine), 1981-83.
- Bye Bye Broadway, Worcester Foothills Theatre, 1979.
- Interviewers, The Nearness of You.
Other articles you might like: