Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Brian Patrick Clarke to Charlotte Cornwell
Dennis Cooney Biography (1938-)
Born September 19, 1938, in Yonkers, NY; son of Dennis James (a New York Citydetective) and Katherine (Horgan) Cooney; married Barbara Deitchman (an agent), August 27, 1967 (divorced, 1970). Addresses: HOME--484 W. 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036. AGENT--Bret Adams, 448 W. 44th Street, New York, NY10036.
Dennis Cooney told CTFT, "I wanted to act since I first went on stage playingSanta Claus in grade school. My favorite roles are Geoffrey in The Lion in Winter and Michael, The Boys in the Band. I love to travel and I speak some French and have studied Italian."
- Birth Details
- September 19, 1938
- Yonkers, New York, United States
- STAGE DEBUT--Tom Lee, Tea & Sympathy, Legion Star Playhouse, Ephrata,PA, 1957.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Evans, Ross, Eugene O'Neill Theatre, 1961.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Broadway productions: Dr. Watson, Sherlock Holmes, Young Senator, The Last of Mrs. Lincoln, Geoffrey, The Lion in Winter, Buzzy Pringle, Love and Kisses, and standby, A Loss of Roses.
- Paris, Tiger at Gates and Christian, Cyrano de Bergerac, both at LincolnCenter, New York City.
- Lysander, A Midsummer Night's Dream, New York Shakespeare Festival.
- the boy, In the Summer House, Tom Jefferson, Young Jefferson, and Jamesie, Every Other Evil, all Off-Broadway productions.
- Ben, Star Spangled Girl, Sullivan Little Theatre, Sullivan, IL.
- D.H. Lawrence, I Rise in Flame Cried the Phoenix, Hartman Theatre Company, Stamford, CT.
- at the Shaw Festival, Westport, CT: Johnny Tarleton, Misalliance, Freddy,Pygmalion, Steven Undershaft, Major Barbara, Tom, Tea & Sympathy, Bentley, Misalliance, Alan, Picnic, and Gustav, Thieves' Carnival.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Michael, The Boys in the Band, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Baltimore, Eastern summer circuit, 1969-70.
Credits; PRINCIPAL CABARET APPEARANCES
- Little Theatre, Sullivan, IL.
- Knott's Berry Farm.
- Catskill circuit.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- Producer, Kennebunkport Playhouse, ME.
- FILM DEBUT--Elliot Adams, Fitzwilly, United Artists, 1967.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Sole Survivor, CBS Cinema Center.
- TELEVISION DEBUT--Alan, Love of Life, CBS, 1959.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; SERIES
- Alan Sterling, Love of Life, CBS, 1965-67.
- Kevin Kincaid, The Secret Storm, NBC, 1970-71.
- Jay Stallings, As the World Turns, CBS, 1974-80.
- "Magnificent Yankee," Hallmark Hall of Fame, NBC.
- Northrop, The Lunts.
- U.S. Steel Hour.
- CBS Workshop.
- Ironside, NBC.
- Hawaii Five-O, CBS.
- The Virginian, NBC.
- The Flying Nun, ABC.
- SCREENPLAYS,UNPRODUCED "Little Boy Blue."
Other articles you might like: