Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jules Tasca to Sam Trammell
Glen Tetley Biography (1926-)
Born February 3, 1926, in Cleveland, OH; son of Glenford Andrew (a business executive) and Mary Eleanor (Byrne) Tetley.
- Birth Details
- February 3, 1926
- Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Credits; STAGE CHOREOGRAPHER
- Fortuna, Maidman Playhouse, New York City, 1961.
- An Evening of Theater Dance (included Gleams in the Bone House, Birds ofSorrow, How Many Miles to Babylon?, and Pierrot Lunaire), New York Fashion Institute of Technology, New York City, 1962.
- Mythical Hunters, Batsheva Company, Israel, 1965, then Hunter College Playhouse, New York City, 1966.
- Ricercare, American Ballet Theatre, New York City, 1966.
- Dithyramb, Rebekah Harkness Dance Festival, New York City, 1967.
- Field Figures, Royal Ballet, London, 1970.
- Lorintus, Royal Ballet, London, 1972.
- Voluntaries, Stuttgart Ballet, Stuttgart, Germany, 1973.
- Le Sacre du Printemps, Munich State Opera Ballet, Munich, Germany, 1974.
- Tristan, Paris Opera, Paris, 1974.
- Daphnis and Chloe, Stuttgart Ballet, 1975.
- Greening, Stuttgart Ballet, 1975.
- Nocturne, American Ballet Theatre, 1977.
- Sphinx, American Ballet Theatre, 1977.
- Contredances, American Ballet Theatre, 1979.
- Dances of Albion: Dark Night, Glad Day, Royal Ballet, London, 1980.
- Revelation and Fall, Australian Dance Theatre, Sydney Opera House, Sydney, 1984.
- Alice, National Ballet of Canada, O'Keefe Theatre, Toronto, Ontario, c. 1986, then Metropolitan Opera House, New York City, c. 1986.
- La Ronde, National Ballet of Canada, O'Keefe Theatre, 1987.
- Tagore, National Ballet of Canada, O'Keefe Theatre, 1989.
- Dialogues, Dance Theatre of Harlem, New York City, 1991.
- Ballets for the Netherlands Dance Theatre include The Dance Lesson, 1964,Circles, 1968, Imaginary Film, 1970, Mutations, 1970, and Summer's End, 1980; works for Ballet Rambert include Freefall and Ziggurat, both 1967, EmbraceTiger and Return to Mountain, 1968, Rag Dances, 1971, Praeludium, 1978, The Tempest, 1979, and Murderer: Hope of Women, 1983; choreographer for Firebird,Royal Danish Ballet, 1981; Pulcinella, Festival Ballet, 1984; Dream Walk of the Shaman, Aterballetto, 1985; Orpheus, Australian Ballet, 1987; Ballet Ballads, 1961; Sargasso, 1964; Field Mass, 1965; Chronochromie, 1966; Tehilim, 1966; The Seven Deadly Sins, 1967; Arena, 1968; Small Parades, 1972; Threshold,1972; Strope-Antistrophe, 1972; The Moveable Garden, 1973; Gemini, 1973; Tristan, 1974; Strender, 1974; Alegrias, 1975; Poeme Nocturne, 1977; and Die Feder.
Credits; STAGE APPEARANCES
- Carmina Burana, New York City Opera, New York City, 1959, then Netherlands Dance Theatre, 1962.
- Danced on Broadway in Kiss Me, Kate, 1949, Out of This World, 1950, and Juno, 1958; appeared in Amahl and the Night Visitors, NBC Opera, 1951; appeared in Hadrianus, Netherlands Dance Theatre, 1962; also appeared in Three Promises with the Lord. Toured Europe for the U.S.
- government, 1969.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- "Gian Carlo Menotti: The Musical Magician," Great Performances, PBS, 1986.
- Also appeared in episodes of Omnibus, Camera Three, Adventure, and Look Up and Live.
Credits; FILM WORK
- Choreographer for the film I Am a Dancer, 1976.
Other articles you might like: