Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Titus Welliver to Peter Wingfield
Richard Williams Biography (1933-)
Full name, Richard Edmund Williams; born March 19, 1933, in Toronto, Ontario,Canada; immigrated to England, 1955; son of Kenneth D. C. and Kathleen (Bell) Williams; married Margaret French, January 17, 1976; children: Timothy Michael, Holly Rebekah; (from previous marriage) Alexander Steuart, Virginia Claire. Addresses: Office--13 Soho Square, London W1V 5FB, England.
- Canadian, English
- Birth Details
- March 19, 1933
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Credits; FILM WORK; ANIMATOR
- Charge of the Light Brigade, United Artists, 1968.
- Think Dirty, British Lion, 1970.
- (And director) Raggedy Ann and Andy, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1977.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Buena Vista, 1988.
- Animator of films, including The Story of the Motorcar Engine, 1958.
- Animator, producer, and director of films, including The Little Island, 1958; A Lecture on Man, 1961. Producer and director of films, including Love Me, Love Me, Love Me, 1962; Circus Drawings, 1965; Diary of a Madman, 1965; The Dermis Probe, 1965; Pubs and Beaches, 1966; I Vor Pittfalks, 1967; The Sailor and the Devil, 1967; The Magic Christian, 1970; and Night of the Living Duck, 1988. Also designed animated sequences for films, including What's New Pussycat, 1965; A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, 1966; The Liquidator, 1966; The Spy with a Cold Nose, 1966; Prudence and the Pill, 1968; Don't Drink the Water, 1969; Every Home Should Have One, 1970; Casino Royale, 1975; The Return of the Pink Panther, 1975; The Pink Panther Strikes Again, 1976; Murder on the Orient Express, 1976; and Looks and Smiles, 1981.
Credits; FILM APPEARANCES
- Voice of Droopy, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Buena Vista, 1988.
Credits; TELEVISION WORK
- (Animator, producer, and director) A Christmas Carol (short film), ABC, 1972.
- (Coproducer, with Lena Tabori and Tom Wilson, and director) Ziggy's Gift(special; also see below), ABC, 1982.
Credits; TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Voice of Crooked Santa, Ziggy's Gift (special; also see below), ABC, 1982.
- Roger Rabbit and the Secrets of Toontown (special), CBS, 1988.
Credits; STAGE WORK; ANIMATOR
- The Apple Tree, Shubert Theatre, October 18, 1966.
- Contributor to periodicals, including Sight and Sound, Screen International, and Television Weekly.
- Maclean's, July, 4, 1988, p. 30.
Other articles you might like: