Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Johnny Brandon to Ric Burns
Amie Brockway Biography (1938-)
Born Amarae Woodworth, December 13, 1938; daughter of Raymond H. (a farmer) and Amabelle V. (a teacher; maiden name, Willard) Woodworth; married Ronald F.Brockway, June 3, 1956 (divorced, 1980); married Richard G. Henson (a teacher), June 30, 1984; children: (first marriage) Adrienne J., Virginia A. Addresses: HOME--460 W. 49th Street, New York, NY 10019. OFFICE--c/o Theaterof the Open Eye, 316 E. 88th Street, New York, NY 10128.
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Director, Stop the World, I Want to Get Off, Theater bythe Lake, Hightstown, NJ, eight performances.
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Director, Redeye, Theater of the Open Eye, 1980, eighteenperformances.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- The Sun Gets Blue, 1981, La Belle Au Bois, 1982, Behind a Mask, 1983, A Cricket on the Hearth, 1984, Scapin, 1984, She Also Dances, 1985, all at Theater for the Open Eye, NY.
- Rosalind, Light Up the Sky, both at American Renaissance Theater, NY.
- Whatever Happened to Amos 'n Andy?, Theatre at St. Clements, NY.
- The Happy Hour, Vineyard Workshop, NY.
- Oklahoma!, Hofstra University.
- Scenes from American Life, The Rimers of Eldritch, The Collection, The Veteran, The Understanding, all at Rutgers University, NJ.
- Look Back in Anger, The Long Stay Cut Short, State University of New York, Purchase, NY.
- Story Theater, Mercer County College, NJ.
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, The Prisoner of Second Avenue, both at Theatre by the Lake, NJ.
- Children's theater: Tales Alive, Theater of the Open Eye, NY; You, Alice,and Me; If You've Seen One Dragon, The Great Cross-Country Race, both at Performance Troupe, Princeton, NJ; Beginnings, Dundor, The Ugly Duckling, all atPrinceton Street Theater, NJ.
Other articles you might like: