Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Arthur Marks to John McEnery
Christopher Martin Biography (1942-)
Full name, John Christopher Martin; born December 7, 1942, in New York City;son of Ian (an actor and writer) and Inge (an actress; maiden name, Adams) Martin. Addresses: OFFICE--564 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10014.
Favorite roles: Max in The Homecoming; Ben Jonson in Bingo; Falstaff.
- Birth Details
- December 7, 1942
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- John Tanner, Don Juan, Man and Superman, Astrov, Uncle Vanya, Creon, Antigone, Thomas Mendip, The Lady's Not for Burning, Max, The Homecoming, Ben Jonson, Bingo, title role, Hamlet, title role, Richard II, Musgrave, Serjeant Musgrave's Dance, all with the Classic Stage Company, New York City.
- PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; ALL WITH THE CLASSIC STAGE COMPANY,NEW YORK CITY. PRODUCER, DIRECTOR, AND/OR DESIGNER Moby Dick, Woyzeck, Rashomon, The Hound ofthe Baskervilles, Tartuffe, Hedda Gabler, Rosemersholm, The Marquis of Keith, Don Juan, Oedipus Rex, Oedipus at Colonus, Antigone, Gilles de Rais, Leonceand Lena, all 1980-81.
- Faust, Parts I and II, Ghost Sonata, Wild Oats, Balloon, Danton's Death,all 1982-83.
- Big and Little/Scenes, Hamlet, Baal, Dance of Death, all 1984; and over sixty other productions since 1967.
- Also directed or co-directed Twelfth Night, Timon of Athens, Wild Oats, Our Town, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Fifth of July, all New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, Madison, NJ; and directed plays while at New York University, including The Caretaker, 1963.
- (Translator) Civil Wars, American Repertory Theatre, Cambridge, MA, 1984.
- Also adapted plays for the Classic Stage Company.