Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jack Dabdoub to Anthony John Denison
John Davidson Biography (1941-)
Born December 13, 1941, in Pittsburgh, PA; son of a minister; married, wife'sname, Rhonda; children: John, Jr., Jennifer, Ashleigh Marie.
- Birth Details
- December 13, 1941
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Credits; Television Appearances; Series
- Regular, The Entertainers, CBS, 1964-65.
- Host, The Kraft Summer Music Hall, NBC, 1966.
- Host, The John Davidson Show, NBC, 1969.
- John Burton, The Girl with Something Extra, NBC, 1973-74.
- Host, The John Davidson Show, ABC, 1976.
- Host, The John Davidson Show, syndicated, 1980-82.
- Cohost, That's Incredible!, ABC, 1980-84.
- Host, Time Machine, NBC, 1985.
- Host, The New Hollywood Squares, syndicated, 1986-88.
- Host, Incredible Sunday, ABC, 1988.
- Host, Holiday Gourmet, syndicated, 1990.
- Host, The $100,000 Pyramid, syndicated, 1991.
- Also appeared in Super Dave, 1987.
Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- Perry Como's Summer Show, NBC, 1966.
- The Bob Hope Show, NBC, 1968.
- John Kent, Roberta, NBC, 1969.
- The Bob Hope Show, NBC, 1969.
- Sandy in Disneyland, CBS, 1974.
- The Sandy Duncan Show, CBS, 1974.
- Star, The Stars and Stripes Show, NBC, 1975.
- Host, The John Davidson Christmas Show, NBC, 1976.
- Host, The John Davidson Christmas Show, ABC, 1977.
- The Carpenters ... Space Encounters, ABC, 1978.
- The Carpenters--Music, Music, Music, ABC, 1980.
- ABC team captain, Battle of the Network Stars IX, ABC, 1980.
- Cohost and the role of Ed, One Hundred Years of Golden Hits, NBC, 1981.
- Member of ABC team, Battle of the Network Stars XII, ABC, 1982.
- Host, From Hawaii with Love, syndicated, 1986.
- A Crystal Christmas in Sweden, syndicated, 1987.
- Game Show Biz, syndicated, 1987.
- That's Incredible! Reunion, ABC, 1988.
- Friday Night Surprise (also known as Surprise), NBC, 1988.
- Life's Most Embarrassing Moments, syndicated, 1988.
- Host, The Search for Haunted Hollywood, syndicated, 1989.
- Host, The Mother/Daughter International Pageant, syndicated, 1989.
- Host, The Mother/Daughter U.S.A. Pageant, syndicated, 1989.
- Host, The Mother/Daughter U.S.A. Pageant, syndicated, 1990.
- The Walt Disney World Very Merry Christmas Parade, ABC, 1993.
- Appeared as the ABC team captain, Battle of the Network Stars XIX, 1988;host of The Golden Globe Awards, Miss Hollywood Beauty Pageant, Miss World Competition, Miss Junior America, and Miss Hawaiian Tropics.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- Matt, "The Fantasticks," Hallmark Hall of Fame, NBC, 1964.
- "A Touch of Charity," Daniel Boone, NBC, 1969.
- "Perilous Voyage," Daniel Boone, NBC, 1970.
- "Love and the Young Executive," Love, American Style, ABC, 1970.
- Guest host, The Ice Palace, CBS, 1971.
- Guest host, The Golddiggers, syndicated, 1971.
- "Libel Is a Dirty Word," Owen Marshall, Counselor at Law, ABC, 1972.
- "Judas Goat," The F.B.I., ABC, 1972.
- "Love and the Scroungers," Love, American Style, ABC, 1972.
- "Lucy and the Professor," Here's Lucy, CBS, 1973.
- Love, American Style, ABC, 1973.
- "Mask of Death," The Streets of San Francisco, ABC, 1974.
- "Deceptions," Hotel, ABC, 1983.
- "The Imposter," Fantasy Island, ABC, 1984.
- "Vantage Point," Hotel, ABC, 1984.
- "Girl of the Midnight Sun," Love Boat, ABC, 1985.
- "Murder on the Rocks," Scene of the Crime, NBC, 1985.
- Spenser: For Hire, ABC, 1986.
- Frequent guest host of The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, NBC; alsoappeared in an episode of The Wacky World of Jonathan Winters, syndicated.
Credits; Television Appearances; Movies
- Dennis Burnham, Coffee, Tea, or Me?, CBS, 1973.
- A Time for Love, NBC, 1973.
- Terry Killian, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders II, ABC, 1980.
Credits; Television Appearances; Pilots
- The NBC Follies, NBC, 1973.
- Max Castle, Shell Game, CBS, 1975.
- Roger Quentin, Roger and Harry: The Mitera Target (also known as Love forRansom), ABC, 1977.
- King of the Road, CBS, 1978.
- George Erskine, Goodbye Charlie, ABC, 1985.
Credits; Film Appearances
- Angie Dule, The Happiest Millionaire, Buena Vista, 1967.
- Joe Carder, The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band, Buena Vista, 1968.
- Robert Palmer, Concorde--Airport '79 (also known as Airport '79, Airport'80, and The Concorde), Universal, 1979.
- Honest Tom T. Murray, The Squeeze, TriStar, 1987.
- Appeared as a television host in Edward Scissorhands, 1990.
Credits; Stage Appearances
- Ben, Foxy, Ziegfeld Theatre, New York City, 1961.
- Curly, Oklahoma!, City Center Theatre, New York City, 1965.
Credits; Major Tours
- Harold Hill, The Music Man, U.S. cities, 1988.
- Also toured in Camelot, L'il Abner, Paint Your Wagon, The Fantasticks, Oklahoma!, and I Do, I Do, all U.S. cities.
- John Davidson, Columbia Records, 1967.
- Kind of Hush, Columbia Records, 1967.
- My Cherie Amour, Columbia Records, 1969.
- Other albums include Time of My Life, 1966; Everything Is Beautiful, 1973; Well, Here I Am, 1973; Closeup, Accord; and Everytime I Sing.
- (With Cort Casady) The Art of the Singing Entertainer:A Contemporary Study of the Art and Business of Being a Professional, Alfred Publishing (ShermanOaks, CA), 1982.
Other articles you might like: