Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Judy Cornwell to Howard Da Silva
Norman Corwin Biography (1910-)
Addresses: Home: 10401 Wellworth Ave., Los Angeles, CA, 90024.
- playwright, director, producer
- Birth Details
- May 3, 1910
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Journalist, radio writer.
- (libretto), Warriors, Metropolitan Opera House, NY, 1947.
- (also Directed)--The Golden Door (cantata), Music Hall, Cleveland,OH, 1955; The Rivalry, Bijou, NY, 1959; The World of Carl Sandburg, Henry Miller's Theatre, NY, 1960; Overkill and Megalove, Festival, San Anselmo, CA, 1967; The Odyssey of Runyon Jones, Valley Music, Los Angeles, CA, 1972; Cervantes, American Theatre, Washington, DC,1973.
The Blue Veil, 1951; Scandal at Scourie, 1953; Lust forLife, 1956; The Story of Ruth, 1961.
Words Without Music, 1938; They Fly Through the Air, 1939;Ballad for Americans, 1939; Pursuit of Happiness, 1939; Showcase, 1940; 26 by Corwin, 1941; We Hold These Truths, 1941;This Is War, 1942; An American in England, 1942; Transatlantic Call, 1943; Passport for Adams, 1943; Columbia Presents Corwin, 1944-45; On a Note of Triumph, 1945; Word from the People, 1945; Stars in the Afternoon, 1945; Citizen of the World,1949; Six Holidays, 1983.
- series, episodes #1 and #26, F.D.R., 1963; Inside the Movie Kingdom, 1964; Guest of Honor (26 programs), 1971; Norman Corwin Presents, 1971-72; The Last GI's, 1971; The Plot to Overthrow Christmas, 1974; The Trial of Yamashita, 1974; culminating Ode,CBS 60th Anniversary, 1978; Academy Leaders, 1979.
Thirteen by Corwin, 1942; More by Corwin, 1944; Untitledand Other Plays, 1947; Dog in the Sky, 1952; Prayer for the Seventies, 1969; Gettysburg and the Few Appropriate Remarks, 1971; Corwin on Media; Jerusalem Printout, 1972; Holes in a Stained GlassWindow, 1978; Trivializing America, 1983;
- narration, Oedipus Rex, New York City Center, 1946; Joshua,Royce Hall, UCLA, 1961.
The Chinese Wall, Theatre Group, UCLA, 1962.
- Lecturer, UCLA, 1967-69; Telecommunications, University of Southern California, 1970; judge, Norman Corwin One-Act Play Contest, San Diego State College, 1968-70; lecturer, documentary film, University of North Carolina, 1972;distinguished visiting lecturer, San Diego State University, 1977-78; PattenMemorial Lecturer, Indiana University, 1980; visiting professor, University of Southern California, present.
Other articles you might like: