Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Jack Dabdoub to Anthony John Denison
Olive Deering Biography (1919-1986)
Born 1919, in New York, NY; died in New York of cancer, March 22, 1986.
- Birth Details
- New York, New York, United States
- NEW YORK DEBUT--Girls in Uniform, Booth Theatre, 1933.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Growing Pains, Ambassador Theatre, NY, 1933.
- Picnic, National Theatre, NY, 1934.
- Searching for the Sun, 58th Street Theatre, NY, 1936.
- Daughters of Atreus, 44th Street Theatre, NY, 1936.
- The Eternal Road, Manhattan Opera House, 1937.
- Richard II, St. James Theatre, NY, 1937.
- Medicine Show, New Yorker Theatre, NY, 1940.
- No for an Answer, Mecca Theatre, NY, 1941.
- They Walk Alone, Shubert Theatre, NY, 1941.
- Nathan the Wise, Belasco Theatre, NY, 1942.
- Regina Gordon, Counselor-at-Law, Royale Theatre, NY, 1942.
- Ruth, Winged Victory, 44th Street Theatre, NY, 1943.
- Yellow Jack, Broadway production, 1944.
- Francey, Skydrift, Belasco Theatre, NY, 1945.
- Mollie Malloy, The Front Page, Royale Theatre, NY, 1946.
- Rose Perozzi, Dark Legend, President Theatre, NY, 1952.
- The Trojan Women, 1957.
- Bianca, Othello, American Shakespeare Festival, Stratford, CT, 1957.
- Contessa, The Devil's Advocate, Billy Rose Theatre, NY, 1961.
- Eve Adamanski, Marathon '33, American National Theatre and Academy (ANTA), 1963.
- Woman of Canterbury, Murder in the Cathedral, American Shakespeare Festival, 1966.
- appeared with the Theatre Company of Boston, 1966-67.
- Madame Arkadina, The Seagull, Brandeis University Theatre Arts, Waltham,MA, 1966.
- Emma, Ceremony of Innocence, American Place Theatre, NY, 1967.
- After the Fall, Manitoba Theatre Center, Winnipeg, Canada, 1970.
- Charlotte Shade, The Sun and the Noon, 1972.
- appeared in Mr. McMannis, What Time Is It?, Cubiculo Theatre, NY, 1976.
- Mrs. Wayne, Vieux Carre, St. James Theatre, NY, 1977.
- Also in The Young Elizabeth and Garden District. Also appeared in Suddenly Last Summer, in Los Angeles.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Sampson and Delilah, 1949.
- Caged, 1950.
- The Ten Commandments, Paramount, 1956.
- Shock Treatment, Twentieth Century-Fox, 1964.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES
- Philco Summer Playhouse, NBC.
- Desdemona, Othello.
Credits; PRINCIPAL RADIO APPEARANCES
- True Story.
- Against the Storm.
Other articles you might like: