Penelope Ann Douglass Gilliatt Biography ((?)-)
Addresses: Office: c/o The New Yorker Magazine, 25 W. 43rd Street, NewYork, NY, 10036.
- critic, playwright, novelist
- Plays, Produced
- Property and Nobody's Business, American Place Theatre,NY.
- Plays, Unproduced
- But When All's Said and Done.
- Sunday Bloody Sunday, 1971.
- One by One, 1965; A State of Change, 1968; The Cutting Edge, 1979; Jacques Tati, 1976; Three-Quarter Face, 1979.
- Short Stories
- Come Back If It Doesn't Get Better, 1970; Nobody's Business, 1972; Splendid Lives, 1979.
- Unholy Fools, 1973; Jean Renoir: Essays, Conversations, Reviews, 1975.
- Theatre-Related Career
- Film critic, Observer (London), 1961-67; theatre critic, Observer (London), 1965; guest film critic, The New Yorker, 1967; regular film critic, The New Yorker, 1968; writer feature film scripts and plays filmed for BBC-TV.