Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Lynn Milgrim to Rob Morrow
Sonia Moore Biography (1902-)
Born Sonia Shatzov, December 4, 1902, in Gomel, Russia; daughter of Evser (animporter) and Sophie (Pasherstnik) Shatzov; married Leon Moore (a diplomat).Addresses: HOME--New York, NY.
CTFT learned Sonia Moore is convinced if the only existing systematized acting technique--the results of Stanislavski's life work--would become the unified training for actors in the United States, theatre would achieve the high artistic level of the other arts in this country. She is dedicated to bringinginto this country Stanislavski's teachings and his final technique, the answer and solution for spontaneity on stage and to artistic theatre in America.
- Birth Details
- December 4, 1902
- Gomel, Russia
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Russian Theatre, Berlin, Germany, 1923-26.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK; DIRECTOR
- The Painted Days (also co-producer), NY.
- Sharon's Grave, Irish Players, NY.
- At the American Center for Stanislavski Theatre Art: The Cherry Orchard.
- Desire Under the Elms.
- The Crucible.
- The Man with the Flower in His Mouth.
- The Slave.
- This Property Is Condemned.
- The Indian Wants the Bronx.
- Look Back in Anger.
- A Streetcar Named Desire.
- My Poor Marat.
- The Stronger.
- The Marriage Proposal.
- The Boor.
- The Anniversary.
- Long Day's Journey into Night.
- The Lower Depths, all 1961-present.
- The Stanislavski Method, Viking, 1960.
- The Stanislavski System, Viking, 1965, 1974, Greece, 1980, India, 1984, Penguin, 1984.
- Training an Actor.
- The Stanislavski System in Class, 1968, 1979.
- The Logic of Speech on Stage, 1976.
- Stanislavski Today, 1973.
- "The Stanislavski System," Encyclopedia Britannica.
Other articles you might like: