Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Frances Patricia Beck to Val Bisoglio
Trazana Beverley Biography (1945-)
Full name, Trazana Mae Beverley; born August 9, 1945, in Baltimore, MD; father, a brickmason; mother, a schoolteacher. Addresses: Agent--Don Buchwald and Associates, 9229 Sunset Blvd., Suite 710, Los Angeles, CA 90069.
- Birth Details
- August 9, 1945
- Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Credits; Stage Appearances
- The Increased Difficulty of Concentration, Repertory Theatre of Lincoln Center, Forum Theatre, New York City, 1969.
- Erlene and Carolyn's mother, Les Femmes Noires, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, New York City, 1974.
- A spectre, My Sister, My Sister, Little Theatre, New York City, 1974.
- Maxine, Attempted Rescue on Avenue B, Cubiculo Theatre, New York City, 1975.
- Lady in red, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, 1976, then Booth Theatre, New York City, 1976.
- Wedding Band, Hartford Stage Company, Hartford, CT, 1978.
- Mother Courage and Her Children, New York Shakespeare Festival, Public Theatre, 1980, then Center Stage Mainstage, Baltimore, MD, 1980.
- Marietta Edwards, The Brothers, Women's Project, American Place Theatre,New York City, 1982.
- Boesman and Lena, Northlight Theatre, Evanston, IL, 1985.
- Iyaloja, Death and the King's Horseman, Vivian Beaumont Theatre, New YorkCity, 1987.
- Reverend Sister Marion Alexander, God's Trombones, New Federal Theatre atRiverside Church, New York City, 1989.
- Reba, Before It Hits Home, Arena Stage, Washington, DC, 1991.
- Nurse Sue Wilcox, "Face Divided," Marathon 1991 Series B, Ensemble StudioTheatre, New York City, 1991.
- Tituba (understudy), The Crucible, Belasco Theatre, New York City, 1991-92.
- Also appeared in (off-Broadway debut) Rules for Running, produced in NewYork City, 1969; Git on Board, 1981; as Queenie, Show Boat; Geronimo; and Antigone.
Credits; Stage Work
- Directed Coconut Lounge, produced in New York City, 1980.
Credits; Major Tours
- Lady in red, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf, U.S. cities, 1977-78.
- Also toured in The Spirit Moves (one-woman show), U.S. cities; toured NewYork State prisons with the theatrical group the Family.
Credits; Film Appearances
- Dr. Ellen Baxter, Resurrection, Universal, 1980.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf,"American Playhouse, PBS, 1982.
Credits; Television Appearances; Movies
- Johnny, Sister Margaret and the Saturday Night Ladies, CBS, 1987.
- City clerk, Carolina Skeletons, NBC, 1991.
- Goody, In the Line of Duty: Street War (also known as In the Line of Duty: The Two Tonys), NBC, 1992.
Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- Appeared in Keeping On, 1983.
- The Spirit Moves (one-woman show), toured U.S. cities.
Other articles you might like: