Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Ruby R. Levitt to Eric Lutes
Gloria Loring Biography (1946-)
Original name, Gloria Jean Goff; born December 10, 1946, in New York, NY; raised in New York, NY, and Minneapolis, MN; daughter of Gerald Louis (a trumpetplayer and salesperson) and Dorothy Ann (a singer; maiden name, Tobin) Goff;married Alan (Willis) Thicke (an actor, television show host, and musician),August 22 (one source says July 22), 1970 (divorced, 1986); married Christopher Beaumont, June 18, 1988 (divorced, 1993); married Rene Lagler, December 20, 1994; children: (first marriage) Brennan Todd, Robin Alan. Addresses: Agent--The Craig Agency, 8485 Melrose Pl., Suite E, Los Angeles, CA 90069.
- Birth Details
- December 10, 1946
- New York, New York, United States
Credits; Television Appearances; Series
- Liz Chandler DiMera Craig Curtis, Days of Our Lives, NBC, 1980-86.
Credits; Television Appearances; Movies
- Janice Huggins, Convicted: A Mother's Story, NBC, 1987.
- Katherine "Kate" Devers, Police Story: The Freeway Killings (also known as The Freeway Killings and Police Story II), NBC, 1987.
Credits; Television Appearances; Episodic
- Singer, The Merv Griffin Show, syndicated, 1967.
- Interviewee, Fame, Fortune and Romance, ABC, 1986.
- Margo Bowman, Murder, She Wrote, CBS, 1988.
- Panelist, To Tell the Truth, NBC, 1990.
- Burke's Law, CBS, 1994.
- Sable Shannon, "Whore Wars," Silk Stalkings, USA Network, 1994.
- Mrs. Cleveland, "Fearless," Beverly Hills, 90210, Fox, 1996.
Credits; Television Appearances; Specials
- Circus of the Stars, 1982.
- Celebrity Daredevils, 1983.
- TV's Censored Bloopers, 1984.
- The Real Trivial Pursuit, 1985.
- NBC's 60th Anniversary Celebration, NBC, 1986.
- The Beach Boys--25 Years Together, ABC, 1987.
- Bob Hope with His Beautiful Easter Bunnies and Other Friends, NBC, 1987.
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, 1987.
- Happy Birthday, Hollywood!, ABC, 1987.
- Sea World's All-Star, Lone Star Celebration (also known as New Friends ... Sea World Comes to Texas), CBS, 1988.
- Lou Rawls Presents Black Gold Hits (also known as Black Gold Hits), syndicated, 1988.
- Christmas with the Stars: An International Earthquake Benefit, The Discovery Channel, 1989.
- Host (with Ricardo Montalban), Thanks for Giving (also known as JuvenileDiabetes Foundation Telethon), USA Network, 1989.
- Host, From the Heart, syndicated, 1989.
- Bob Hope's Don't Shoot, It's Only Me, NBC, 1990.
Credits; Television Appearances; Awards Presentations
- The American Music Awards, 1987.
Credits; Performer of Songs in Television Shows
- Theme song, Diff'rent Strokes, NBC, 1978.
- Theme song, The Facts of Life, NBC, 1979.
- "I Can Hear Music," The Beach Boys--25 Years Together, ABC, 1987.
- "Change of Heart" and "The Easter Parade," Bob Hope with His Beautiful Easter Bunnies and Other Friends, NBC, 1987.
- "Is There Anybody Out There?," Guiding Light (also known as The Guiding Light), CBS, 1994.
Credits; Major Tours
- Bob Hope's Annual Armed Forces Christmas Tour, 1970.
- Gloria Loring, Atlantic (New York City), 1986.
- Full Moon/No Hesitation, Atlantic, 1988.
- Is There Anybody Out There?, 1994.
- Also recorded Today, MGM Records (New York City), and Sing a Song for theMountain, Evolution/Stereo Dimension (New York City).
Credits; Contributor to Albums
- (With others) Carl Anderson, Carl Anderson, Epic (Los Angeles, CA), 1986.
Credits; Album Work as Producer
- A Shot in the Dark, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, 1985.
- Days of Our Lives Celebrity Cookbook, Volume I, 1981, Volume II, 1983.
- Living the Days of Our Lives, 1984.
- Kids, Food and Diabetes, Contemporary Books (Chicago, IL), 1986.
- Parenting a Diabetic Child: A Practical, Empathetic Guide to Help You andYour Child Live with Diabetes, Lowell House (Los Angeles, CA), 1991.
- The Kids Food and Diabetes Family Cookbook, 1991.
Writings;Composer; Television Theme Songs
- (With Alan Thicke) Diff'rent Strokes, NBC, 1978.
- (With Alan Thicke) The Facts of Life, NBC, 1978.
Writings;Composer; Songs for Films
- "What Have You Got to Lose?," Inside Moves, Associated Film Distribution,1980.
- Entertainment Weekly, August 12, 1994, p. 45.
- People Weekly, April 7, 1986, pp. 64-66.
Other articles you might like: