Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Vic Morrow to Lennie Niehaus
Holly Near Biography (1949-)
Born June 6, 1949; daughter of Russell E. (a farmer) and Anne H. (a writer and activist) Near. Addresses: OFFICE--c/o Jo-Lynne Worley, 6400 HollisStreet, Emeryville, CA 94608.
From material supplied by Holly Near's agent, CTFT learned that one of Near'smain interests has been finding musical artists that she respects and introducing them to larger audiences. She says, "I have met with and would like tocontinue to meet with artists around the world who present a vision for humanity. I admire artists who are able to do this with humor, grace, and beauty."Near is currently writing a book about her experiences in the worlds of music, theatre, and film. She speaks conversational Spanish and has traveled extensively throughout Canada, Latin America, the Philippines, Japan, Okinawa, Australia, Cuba, and Europe.
- BROADWAY DEBUT--Chorus, Hair, Biltmore Theatre, 1970.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE APPEARANCES
- Guys and Dolls and Sergeant Musgrave's Dance, both University of California, Los Angeles.
- The Near Sisters Reunion, Royce Hall, University of California, Los Angeles.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Free the Army, Asian cities, 1971.
- FILM DEBUT--Tara Nicole, Angel Angel, Down We Go (also known as Cult of the Damned), American International, 1968.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM APPEARANCES
- Fran, The Magic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, 1970.
- Norma, The Todd Killings (also known as A Dangerous Friend and Skipper) National General, 1971.
- Irish, Minnie and Moskowitz, Universal, 1971.
- Barbara, Slaughterhouse Five, Universal, 1972.
- Also appeared in Wasn't That a Time (documentary).
- TELEVISION DEBUT--All in the Family, CBS.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION APPEARANCES; EPISODIC
- The Bold Ones, NBC.
- Room 222, ABC.
- The Partridge Family, ABC.
- The Mod Squad, ABC.
- The Today Show, NBC.
- Sesame Street, PBS.
- Also Greetings from Washington, DC.
- Women of Summer.
- Holly Near Live at the Tonder Festival.
Credits; ALBUMS; ALL RELEASED BY REDWOOD RECORDS
- Hang in There, 1973.
- A Live Album, 1975.
- You Can Know All I Am, 1976.
- Imagine My Surprise, 1979.
- Fire in the Rain, 1981.
- Speed of Light, 1982.
- Journeys, 1983.
- (with Ronnie Gilbert) Lifeline, 1983.
- Watch Out!, 1984.
- (with Inti-Illimani) Sing to Me the Dream, 1984.
- (with Arlo Guthrie, Ronnie Gilbert, and Pete Seeger) HARP, 1985.
- (with Ronnie Gilbert) Singing with You, 1985.
- Don't Hold Back, 1987.
Writings;ALL AS COMPOSER STAGE
- Still Life, American Place Theatre, New York City, 1981.
- Also Volpone, Mark Taper Forum, Los Angeles, CA; The Near Sisters Review,Royce Hall, University of California, Los Angeles.
- A Woman Like Eve, Back from Nicaragua, Women of Steel, and Holly Near Live at the Tonder Festival.
Other articles you might like: