Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Amy Saltz to David Selby
William Schimmel Biography (1946-)
Born September 22, 1946, in Philadelphia, PA; son of Leonard F. (a custodian)and Marie F. (Baumkratz) Schimmel; married Micki Goodman (a choreographer),December 1, 1979; children: Michael, Joseph. Addresses: HOME--345 E. 85th Street, New York, NY 10028.; OFFICE--242 E. 89th Street, New York, NY 10128.
- Birth Details
- September 22, 1946
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Assistant conductor, Threepenny Opera, Vivian BeaumontTheatre, Lincoln Center, New York City, 1976, for five- hundred-fifty performances.
- Composer, A Little Wine with Lunch, No Smoking Playhouse, New York City,1976.
- composer, accordionist, pianist, and actor, The Tennis Game, Music Theatre Group, Lenox Arts Center, New York City.
- composer and accordionist, Jane Avril, Provincetown Playhouse, New York City.
- composer, accordionist, and pianist, Dick Deterred, No Smoking Playhouseand Westbank Theatre, New York City.
- composer and accordionist, Masquerade, Edinburgh Festival, Scotland, 1979.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- Musical director, Quob Music Theatre, Italian and French cities, 1975.
- composer and accordionist, Masquerade, Long Wharf Theatre, New Haven, CT,Lorretto-Hilton Theatre, St. Louis, MO and other U.S.
- regional theatres, 1980.
- Also musical consultant, Frank's Wild Years, Steppenwolf Theatre, Chicago.
- FIRST FILM WORK--Composer and accordionist, Rivers of the Deep South, Sunnyside Films, 1982.
Credits; PRINCIPAL FILM WORK
- Composer and accordionist, An Oasis in Time, Sunnyside, 1983.
- composer, Far from Poland, 1984.
Credits; PRINCIPAL TELEVISION WORK
- FIRST TELEVISION WORK--Composer and conductor, The Hiders, NBC, 1970.
- Accordionist, Holocaust, NBC, 1978.
- accordionist, Late Night with David Letterman, NBC, 1986.
- Improving Aural Skills, Studio Muse Press, 1983.
- Collected Writings, Studio Muse Press, 1986.
- Over three-hundred-fifty songs published by April-Blackwood, Sundbury-Dunbar, Chappell, and Schimmel-Norback and four hundred compositions performed and conducted by leading artists around the world, including Leopold Stokowski.
Other articles you might like: