Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Judy Cornwell to Howard Da Silva
Edie Cowan Biography ((?)-)
Addresses: Agent: Shukat Company, Ltd. 340 W. 55th Street, New York, NY, 10019.
Ms. Cowan re-created Carol Haney's original choreography of Funny Girl for the American Dance Machine.
- actress, choreographer
- Birth Details
- April 14,
- New York, New York, United States
New York Debut
- Maude, Funny Girl, Winter Garden, for 1,200 performances, 1964.
Principal Stage Appearances
- Chorus, Sherry, Alvin, NY, 1967; Essie Whimple, Redhead, Mt. Gretna, PA, 1969; Ruby, Dames at Sea, Tampa, FL, 1970; Jill Tanner,Butterflies Are Free, Allenberry Playhouse, PA, 1973; various roles, Annie, Goodspeed Opera House, CT, Alvin, NY, 1976-80: Daisy, BloomerGirl, Goodspeed Opera House, CT, 1981.
- Josie Cohan, George M, National Tour, 1969-70; Young Phyllis, Follies, 1973-74: Lily St. Regis, Annie, Second National Tour, 1980.
Principal Television Appearance
Annie Christmas Special.
Little Shop of Horrors, WPA, NY, Orpheum, NY, Westwood Playhouse,CA, Comedy Theatre, London, England, 1982-83; Good News; Cabaret; Kiss MeKate; Once Upon a Mattress; Brigadoon; Man of La Mancha; Dames at Sea; Princess Ida, Hunter College Playhouse, NY; Erotic Tale of a Tall Girl,Theatre at St. Clements, NY; Battle of Bunker Hill, American Theatre Company, NY; You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, Bert Wheeler; Knickerbocker Holiday, Bert Wheeler.
- Promo for Dick Cavett Show.
- Faculty, American Dance Machine; faculty, Theatre Department, Indiana University.
Other articles you might like: