Theatre, Film, and Television Biographies
Melissa Errico to Colleen Fitzpatrick
Leonard S. Field Biography (1908-)
Born July 10, 1908, in St. Paul, MN; son of M. Louis (a movie house chain owner) and Rachel (a pianist; maiden name, Blumenthal) Field; married Ruth Dietrich Malcomson, August 4, 1942 (divorced, 1955); married Virginia Clayburgh, June 9, 1959; children: (first marriage) Ruth, Katharine. Addresses: HOME--535 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10021.
- Birth Details
- July 10, 1908
- St. Paul, Minnesota, United States
- FIRST STAGE WORK--Producer, Three Men on a Horse, Plymouth Theatre, Boston, 1935.
- FIRST BROADWAY WORK--Producer, Good Hunting, Lyceum Theatre, 1936, for two performances.
- FIRST LONDON WORK--Producer, Luv, Arts Theatre, 1963, for twenty- eight performances.
Credits; PRINCIPAL STAGE WORK
- General manager, Porgy and Bess, Ziegfeld Theatre, New York City 1953-55.
- co-adaptor and producer, The Hostage, New York City, 1960.
- co-producer, The Birthday Party, Booth Theatre, New York City, 1967.
- producer, Three Bags Full, New York City, 1967.
Credits; MAJOR TOURS
- General manager, Bell, Book, and Candle, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Chicago, 1952.
- manager, Clearing in the Woods, national, 1956.
- FIRST FILM WORK--General manager, Never Wave at a WAC, RKO, 1957.
Other articles you might like: